Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Porky Pig- Old Glory

FC

The reason was because that phrase was not in the pledge of allegiance until the 1950s.

Do you think this cartoon would be politically incorrect in this crazy day and age we live in? Sure would!

Great stuff Tony,but Porky didn't say"One nation under God". Jerry

I had to go back and look. There are only 48 stars on the flag so the cartoon is likely pre-1959.

The reason was because that phrase was not in the pledge of allegiance until the 1950s.

Do you think this cartoon would be politically incorrect in this crazy day and age we live in? Sure would!

Some organization that represents people with stuttering problems got Porky Pig cartoons banned in most TV markets many years ago. I had some great cartoons on VHS tapes that unfortunately got left behind in a divorce. The cartoons were produced during WW2 and depicted Japs and Germans as such big dopes they would make a lib's blood boil.

YouTube has a lot of the cartoons.

The video is from the 40s, from what I recall. I think it was around 1956 that, "One nation under God" was added to the pledge. This came up when the objection to the phrase came up a couple of years ago.