Military Firearm Restoration Corner

A Sad Day..the &^*((*() Closed My Rifle Range

karlunity

Fellas. I have been going to the Inland Fish and Game range for over 20 years.

During the last wave of "Improvement" developers built a school and home developments, in what had been desert.

"Can't have people shooting, the noise..the Guns...the environment..the children"

Blah..blah

The __)(*&^ tried to close us a few years ago and failed ...but money talks

We got the Axe.

There is another range back in the hills but the only good one left is at Prado 2 hours away!!!!!!!!!

That is it for me, the value of the house dropped from 325 to 150...Two years and I am heading South.

I will be the guy at the range saying " y'all come back"..in a Brooklyn accent.

This was once a good state and compared to New York, freedom hall.

Now..I may as well be back in Manhattan.

At least the Pizza and bread was good and there were lots of book stores and museums.

Without a range as it's saving grace, this place is a wasteland.

Karl

It's like that here in CO too. Better place to live than CA but no ranges left due to expansion. People moving out toward the mountains and ranges either being shut down due to noice or being bought out. I miss the Angeles Crest range!

There's lots of Californian expartriates in Texas right now...and we've got lots of room for ranges...and we sure do like our guns...

The G&F operated range north of Phoenix was eyed by a developer with mega bucks but a grass roots effort led to the range being classified as a historical site. The range and surrounding area is off limits to expansion and the cry babies will just have to live with the noise. The only major change to the range since the city began growing around it is 50 BMG is no longer allowed.

About 10 years ago a private range was closed as the city grew near. I never used the facility but it was a great place to visit as it was patronized by machine gun shooters.

Here is my game plan granting approval from my wife of course. ;)

Wyoming is where I am looking at to retire (25 years to go)... Just thinking ahead here.

Least populated state.

Largest City comes in at around 60,000 people (Casper).

Land mass ranks in the top 15 so it has one of the lowest population densities in the lower 48.

Liberal gun laws and cheap plentiful land, they got elk, deer and other tastey critters.

Sounds like heaven to me. Plop down on a 100 acres in the middle of nowhere. Setup a small house, shop, rifle range and get a small RV for visiting friends when I want company.

Karlunity, just got back last weekend from NY visiting wifes relatives (Italian) who all have Brooklyn accent. Yes, pizza is good and bar notne the best cannolis in the country, but that is all you will be able to do is sit and eat them cause the tax man cometh and take whatever else you got. Not worth it in my opinion.

I'll just mail order in good pizza and cannolis on dry ice. Cost less by that time anyway once the liberals get done spending all our money, our childrens money, and their childrens money...

There's lots of Californian expartriates in Texas right now...and we've got lots of room for ranges...and we sure do like our guns...

The trouble with that is next they'll start running for office and you'll have another Oregon.