Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I hammered the $##$% HD

karlunity

It had it coming and it got it ph34r.gif

The rotten 40 g hd...

It started up ok.

So I fdisked it and formated it for 98 .

It took the whole o/s so I put all the boards in and got ready to install Linux as well, when the darn HD went west!!!

Major disk error...cannot find Hd!!

Well I warned the maggot. But it would not " do the right thing" as we say in Brooklyn.

I pulled it from the puter put on the floor of the garage and picked up my 3lb hammer.

The Hd looked at the hammer with a sneer on its case.."you would not dare!! " it seemed to say

Wham ...Wham.."sneer at this you HD from a China pc den of illrepute," I snarled.

Wham..wham.

That Hd sleeps with the fishes.

A man has gotta do what a man has gotta do.

Karl

Guest MorgansBoss

Last Christmas my dear wife was so proud when she presented me with her gift. She'd heared me cuss my old PC too many times and had bought me a new one. It's nice, has some bells and whistles my old repeatedly upgraded machine didn't, but one big thing immediately popped out. I had 120g of HD in the old (usually) reliable, while this new state-of-the-art, whiz-bang PC holds a measly 40! I didn't have the heart to tell her. sad.gif

Karl,

You didn't throw that thing in a body of water, did you? ('sleeps with the fishes").

You know those things contain certain chemicals known to the state of Kalifornia to cause cancer, birth defects, aids, etc.

You should have taken it to a recycling plant that specialzes in the dispososal of hazzardous waste.

Have you no concern for the fishes?

Remind me never to fish in Kalifornia.

fritz

fritz --

With all the crap in the waters of California, you are worried about a hard drive?

At least with a hard drive I know what's been through my fish.

I at least hope that karlunity had the decency to send a wrapped fish to China, thereby letting them know what had happened to it!

I at least hope that karlunity had the decency to send a wrapped fish to China, thereby letting them know what had happened to it!

I did try to send the fish but I think the postman said something about suezi (sp)?

Karl