Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Just Want To Say Howdy

Horsefly

I've been busier than a 2 peck_ _ d billygoat all summer,and just to get back in touch with you dudes and see what's been going on.Building trucks has been tuff with all the major component suppliers shutting down most of their production.Peterbilt's orders dropped way down,but somehow stay above 65 a day to keep us rolling,but we can't get parts as we need them.I've worked as many overtime hours as I have straight time,thinking we'd have a lay-off or shutdown at any time,but it never happened,and now we're going up in production to 68 trucks a day.Still makes no since,'cause we still can't get parts fast enough.I bought the house next door in August and am trying to remodel it,but haven't gotten much done.I did squeeze in a weekend fishing trip down on the coast with my son about a month ago,and we truely had a blast.I haven't sat down and worked on a gun in at least a year,and can't see it happening any time soon,so I'm going to start hanging on what you dudes are doing until things get back to normal around here. Jerry

We have been getting "new" work from one of our customers that supply Paccar. It's something Peterbuilt calls new builds. We have to send ppaps and samples - if they work in this pre-production assembly, we get approved as the supplier. As soon as they approve our RFQ they ask if the lead time can be cut in half. LOL. We have hit all their target dates and everything so far has been approved. I love it when a US assembly plant buys from a US primary mfg, but it really is due to our shrinking dollar and large sub-assembly companies that have gone under. They would import due to volume. It's a double edged sword. Anyway, Ill do my best to get good stuff to ya!