Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Tawny The Cat Has Passed

karlunity

Karl, are the dates right? A 20 year old cat? I've never heard of a cat living so long. Do you have any pictures? I'm sorry to hear about it, since I know you were very attached. I don't like thinking about the day my two dogs will die.

Karl, are the dates right? A 20 year old cat? I've never heard of a cat living so long. Do you have any pictures? I'm sorry to hear about it, since I know you were very attached. I don't like thinking about the day my two dogs will die.

It is not uncommon for a cat to live 20+ years.

We had an orange tabby that lived 21 years when I was kid. We got her as a kitten in 1976 and she died in 1997, and my Aunt has a currently living 22 year old cat. Granted they are pretty much too old do much at that age other than just lay there, but it is entirely possible.

Hello FC.

Yes. The dates are correct. She was a tough little cat.

The pastor I learn from believes that animals go to heaven and so I feel that she is now a young cat again happy and I will see her again. You will feel rotten when your Dogs pass, but it helps a lot to know that they have only gone on ahead.

karl

Karl, sorry to hear of your loss. You have helped me with my 2 especially when we first got them. While it's not unusual for a cat to live 20 yrs, far too many don't. The ones that do are being raised with a lot of care as I'm sure Tawny was. One can feel good when their pets pass quickly without suffering, but also feel good that they lived well while sharing your home.

Before my wife lost her mind and married me, she made an excellent choice adopting a cattle dog from a shelter outside of Corvallis, OR. Thirteen years, three states and countless adventures later, she died. I really miss her. Some pets become full family members and it really hurts when they leave. This was two years ago and I still get a bit misty every now and then.

I'm very sorry that Tawny's gone Karl.

Karl,

Deepest condolences. You spoke a lot of Tawny over the years. She was almost a member here.

Funny you should mention about our pets going on to heaven. When we lost Sam at 14 and then Buster at four I pondered the same thoughts. How could such a critter be such a good friend for so many years and then just be gone? I hope he's right and I think he must be right.

I hope Freddy and "Dinky" (Dinqi Dao for you Vietnamers - Asian Leopard Cat) last as long as Tawny. That should get me off the planet and we can go together.

Enjoy your memories and perhaps a new little critter will worm her way into your hearts one of these days.

Brad

Sorry to hear about Tawny, Karl. Pets are family, and over the years my cat has become my bud, and i didn't even think too much of cats, untill she bit me when I picked her up of the side of the road.(she was just a fur ball then) It was love at first bite.

Atleast Tawny went at home and no suffering involved. Sorry for your loss.

Brenden

The pastor I learn from believes that animals go to heaven

karl

Karl,

I truly am sorry for the loss of your pet. I've had many over the years. One in particular, a black lab, was smarter than many people I know.

This 'animals in heaven' thing is very interesting.

That must be where the "happy hunting ground" saying came from.

Do deer and moose go to heaven? Or what about ferral hogs?

Does that include chickens and cows?

Does that mean that bad dogs that $h1t on the carpet go to hell?

Sir.

Most animals I have known are more worthy of heaven then many people.

In any case, I don't see this thread as the place for theological debate.

If you care to start a new topic, I shall be happy to discuss the concept.

Take care

Karl