Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Elephant Paints An Elephant- Amazing

FC

That's just amazing.

Call me getting soft in my old age, but things like that, combined with an article I read in the NRA mag a few months ago where a "big hunter" was telling elephant hunting stories, and there were 2 elephants. They killed one, and the other one, seeing what happened and instead of running off scared, actually got mad that his friend was killed by this man and deliberately made the decision to seek revenge by killing the man (men), which of course didn't work out as the elephant had intended. Anyway, I think that a creature that shows friendship to his kind and is bright enough to seek revenge for the killing of his friend really shouldn't be killed for sport.

I couldn't shoot an elephant without a good reason. Like Doc Hess guess I'm getting a bit soft with age. I had a clean shot opportunity at a Coyote a couple of months ago and passed. Found myself actually protecting it. I tossed a rock at him to scare him off before other dove hunters in the area shot him. I don't have any guilt though killing game animals for food or pests such as pigeons or poisonous snakes.

I realized I was turning into a softee when I declined to participate in a hunt for feral dogs and coyotes. A rancher was offering a bounty. Made plans with a neighbor on a camping trip to return the following weekend. After leaving the campground and seeing a pack of the feral dogs I realized I couldn't do it. The dogs looked just like house pets without collars even though the rancher claimed they were vicious.

I'm very skeptical of the elephant video. I just can't believe the elephant painted the picture without human assistance in the background not appearing in the video. My gut feeling is the PITA bunch is somehow behind it.

Elephants have a big brain. They aren't any more taught or coached than we would need at an art class.

Are far as shooting stuff- I've got no problem shooting rats, crows, pigeons, dove, pigs, or gophers, but I don't think I would enjoy shooting other stuff anymore. I had a strong predatory instinct, if you want to call it that when I was younger, but not so much now. I've been shot, and I can tell you, it hurts pretty bad- whether human or critter.