Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Mosin Nagant Timney Trigger Listed On Midway

cajunman2205

Excellent news! A decent trigger aught to be just the thing 90% of us have been looking for to fix up our Mosin rifles. I'm glad Timney was listening a couple years back when we all started pestering them for a better trigger.

I'll buy one once they become available.

i'll have to order a couple of them as soon as they are available. the trigger is based on timneys rem 700 trigger.

here is a pic of one of the prototypes.

timneymosintrigger.jpg

and here are a few pics of the finished product.

timneymosintrigger1.jpg

timneymosintrigger2.jpg

timneymosintrigger3.jpg

it might cost more than the rifle its going on but every timney i've had was well worth what i paid for it.

it kinda reminds me a paragraph in clyde bakers book modern gunmithing about putting a lyman 36 on a mosin.

while it may seem foolish to pay $10 for a sight for a $3.34 rifle it isn't as foolish as it sounds.

any lyman sight is worth its price on any rifle, reguardless of race, color, or previous condition of servatude- and that's that.

i feel the same way about timney triggers

Wow! Great pics.

Looks well thought-out. I'm not sure about that long safety arm, but they manauged to create a trigger that appears to require no modification to the metal of the rifle. I'll say "metal", because wood-wise, there will need to be some significant removal. I'll get one too once they're available.

I'm grateful that Timney actually took the time to listen to shooters and decided to build something that folks can use.