Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My Newest Toys

AzRednek

Guess I've been a good boy all year. Santa brought me a stainless Taurus Tracker 38/357. Well not exactly. My elderly aunt gave me a signed blank check for Christmas and said go buy a new gun. Have to admit the temptation to go buy a 308/7.62 black rifle crossed my mind but I couldn't take advantage of my aunt's generosity. Instead I ordered the Taurus tracker from Gallery of Guns. I wrote my aunt's check for $250 and kicked in the rest out of my own pocket. With my aging eyesight I need a longer barrel to keep the sights in focus. My 38 sp 4" S&W just wasn't cutting it.

Friend of mine stopped by for Christmas and he told me his Colt Agent was on the trading block. I've been bugging him for about 10 years to sell it to me. He told me he was looking for a medium length revolver suitable with snake loads. I offered up my Rossi 357. I had to toss in a holster, a 100 rds of 38 reloads and 5 snake loads but we traded.

The 38 Colt Agent is an aluminum frame, parkerized finish, light weight revolver perfect for concealed carry. From what I've read it is not suitable with +P's but it fits into my pant's pocket nearly perfect. Now I have to get rid of those ugly Pachmeyer grips and locate some original walnut with the Colt logo.

Taurus-Colt-1.jpgTaurus-Colt-2.jpg

awesome! i've been hankering for a pocket smith or taurus for a couple of years now. i admit being a bit jealous!

724 if you can locate one get a Taurus Titanium 38. Pass on it if it appears to have been shot much. Taurus dropped them because they come loose with continued shooting. For concealed carry though they are great, very light weight and wont rust. Practice with mild reloads and save the 38+P's for official purposes.

Nice toys.

I've been thinking about getting a Tracker in 44mag with a 4" barrel.

The colt is a really great score.

I had a Colt Pocket Positive in 32S&W Long and gave it to a friend. I'll probably never get another like it.