Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Hi-Tech Guns

rivitir

I found a story on the web about these new hi-tech guns. Apparently the owner of the firearm must type in a pin in their wrist watch in order to fire the weapon. Should the weapon travel farther then 20cm from the wrist watch then it will not fire.

Here is the story:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/01/high-tech-guns-digital-revolvers-koosh-bullets-and-triple-tasers

And the site for the maker:

http://www.armatix.com/Smart-System.38.0.html?&L=1

Several anti-gun groups of course love the idea and think it would be much safer. Personally I don't think no matter how much technology one throws at something nothing beats proper training and respect.

I wonder if they can do that with a knife (or a hammer, or a stick, or a rock...)?

This is the wrong approach, and a minute or two of thought would make this clear to any reasonable person.

The problem is all of the unreasonable (and therefore irresponsible) people.

when Apple makes the "iGun" or "iPistol" then I'll be a bit frightened...

Jimro

:lol:

I'm sure it will also let you play your mp3's and recieve a call, and the RF ID will let the Feds know exactly where the firearm is located at all times!

I wonder what happens when someone writes a virus for all these interconnected devices.

:( Now I've gone and depressed myself.

I strongly suspect the feds let microshaft et.al. run with all the holes in everything because the feds use them too.

How to make windoz secure: Feds call up Bill Gates and tell him that he has 6 months to have a totally secure version of windoze out as a free upgrade for anyone with any licensed copy of any windoze. If there is any hole in it or Gates refuses, then the Feds will not purchase from or otherwise do business with any company not certified "Microsoft Free" and running some standardized version of Unix.

Ya'll know the air force has it's own version of XP, right? It's all locked down tight.

they need to remember what one smart person can build another equally smart person can reverse engineer and the person doing the reverse engineering isn't always on the right side of the law.

a few years back SGN ran a couple of pages from a book that i can't remember the name of that was set a few years into the future where all firearms had the high tech chips that would only fire for the owners.

some hackers had figured out how to block the signal so the new high tech guns wouldn't work.

a group of people who had one of the signal blocking devices & didn't turn in their pistols for the new high tech stuff does a hit on someone at a convention. one of the guys walks up behind who ever the hit was on & caps him in the back of the head. all the cops & security pull their new high tech pistols out only to find out their weapons will not fire but the other guys pistols will.