Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Uh-Oh! Don't Tell My Wife!

724wd

with warm weather coming, my P-64 9x18 is wearing me down. it's hard to conceal with just a t-shirt, and being all steel, it's not really pocket friendly. so..... stopped at a small gun shop the other day and fondled this little guy...

http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/

i really liked the size of it, and it felt good in hand. enough grip to get a full 2 fingers on it, unlike the kel-tec and others. stopped in again and was comparing a Smith with CT laser grips in .38 and this. $200+ more for the Smith, and then the counter man showed me the difference in .380 and .38. the .380 has more energy! i'll be damned... it does! so, the baby glock came home with me. gonna make a pocket suede holster for it and do some break in shooting.

then, i showed it to my neighbor, and then next day he calls me to come see his new toy... the sig p238 equinox! a micro 1911 in .380, it's a beauty, but i like the feel of the diamondback in hand better. the backstrap swell helps a lot.

How does a 380 have more energy than a 38?? Sure he wasn't comparing it to the old 38 S&W? Now for this part about not telling the wife!! I'm sure we can make arraignments!! I'll send Silvio by on the 10th and Paulie on the 30th.

How much smaller is the Diamondback compared to your P-64? I've been carrying a P-64 off and on instead of my Taurus Titanium. The P-64 is smaller but heavier. Any chance you have put a Wolf spring kit in your P-64? I've been considering it. I like the P-64 but it is to stiff in the double action mode. The single action pull is about as good as it gets.

the DB is shorter, thinner, WAY lighter...

i love my p64, it shoots great, handles well, all that, but the weight is really it's downfall. the DB fits so well in my pocket, you dont even notice it. i bought some suede today to make a holster.

damn, i need to find the ammo boxes he was looking at, but it was right there in front of me! i swear!

• 4 weeks later...

The Diamondback looks gteat! I have carried a 380 for years. I carry a Beretta Model 84. It's not realy small but the 12+1 mag is comforting. It's also strong enough to be hand loaded to mind range 9mm. In the summer I put in the pocket on a pair of cargo shorts and don't even know it there.

Not to Highjack the thread but what are your thoughts on a snubbie in 327 Federal. I wanted something in the old 32H&R mag for years and couldn't find anything. The 327 has 38+P+ energy in a smaller package.

Ralph

"A bad day hunting or fishing is always better than a good day at work"

i like the idea of the .327, but i'm not a fan of the ruger revolvers. if smith or taurus adopted it, 6 rounds in the same size or smaller revolver than the .38, yeah... sounds good!