Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Mauser Stocks

AzRednek

Who has the best prices on veneer drop-in Mauser stocks. Sporter Express has phased them out and no longer stocks them except for Yugo's. I'll be working with a commercial Santa Barbara Mauser action. I'm considering a 375 Ruger and will likely part with my 1917 Enfield stuff I was going to build a 375 H&H with.

Who has the best prices on veneer drop-in Mauser stocks. Sporter Express has phased them out and no longer stocks them except for Yugo's. I'll be working with a commercial Santa Barbara Mauser action. I'm considering a 375 Ruger and will likely part with my 1917 Enfield stuff I was going to build a 375 H&H with.

Probably not exactly what you are looking for since you mentioned "veneer" but I thought I'd throw it out anyway since it is difficult to pass it up for the price. The best prices right now for a Mauser stock are the Butler Creek synthetic stocks at CDNN Investments for $39.99 ea. Currently they are offering $9.99 shipping for any order, but they had $5.99 shipping for any order two of the past four weekends. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ma98laristac.html

I noticed they had other Mauser stocks for the same price listed for std Mauser, Chad Daily, Mark X. I assume the big difference is in the cut-out for the mag assy. Anybody care to speculate as to which would fit a Santa Barbra Action with a hinged floor plate the best with minimal cutting and/or bedding??

Thanks for lead diggerdanh. I may just spring for one of the plastic stocks. Made myself a promise several years ago after spending a small fortune putting together a cyro froze, McGowen premium barreled 35 Whelen together. That all future projects will be done on the economy plan. I'm not exaggerating, my 35 Whelen will print clover leafs at 100 yards with a 4X scope but simply put I can't afford to do another. I have no where near the disposable income I had at the time and now live on a budget. I'll kick the idea around a day or two as the savings is substantial.

Boyds Gunstock Company has good deals on laminated wood stocks. Their current weekend special is for a thumbhole finished laminate stock for $89. Unfinished stocks go for $69.

You might consider walnut. The walnut stocks are the same price as the laminates and the two that I've bought had nice wood.

Ron