Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Mauser Hsc

AzRednek

Thx for the effort, really appreciated. My mag looks just like the double stack, sold out 15 rounder. I could live with the bottom sticking out. The ad doesn't say how far but I don't imagine it being so far it would be obnoxious. Unfortunately the other two you listed for me appear to be single stack and from the pictures they wont fit. Seems like I keep running into "out of stock" when I run across a HSC double stack. I've run across a few older google posts saying there are some 9 or 10 rounders out there that are the same size as the 12 to comply with California law but I haven't been able to track one down yet.

Numrich lists a 10 rd mag for the Mauser HSC Super. Not sure if that is the same thing or not. $42.15

http://gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=713810B&catid=1332

Thx everybody for the links. I'm hoping Numrich's is a California legal version for the HSC. Apparently my Super Cat model is an oddball. I'd prefer a 12 rounder but if 10 is all I can get it will have to do for a spare.

Nope, you said it. "Not for Super Cat".

Thx again!! The 15 rounder they list looks just like it only a bit longer. I could live with it sticking a portion out the bottom but I'm to cheap to pay $55 for one that might fit. I'm going to try my luck at the next gun show. There is a woman that sets up at gunshows in the southwest that has anywhere from 6-8 tables with mags.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I finally located two used mags at the gunshow today. As the vendor held the pair up, saying "I've got two of them" I asked "how much" and he replied "80". I said "whoa little more than I wanted to spend, how much for just one". He replied "no thats 80 each". Looks like the one mag I have is going to be lonely. If 80 bux for used is the legitimate going price I'll simply do without a spare. Hopefully some reasonably priced mags will appear at the next show.

Medium sized show today, just to hot to use the non-air conditioned buildings they normally host the gunshows in. Not enough room in the only air conditioned building. I walked away from plenty of tables with a big sh!t eating grin on my face. All the ammo and primer hoarders are trying to sell the stuff they accumulated last year, creating shortages and drove the prices sky high. The big commercial ammo vendors are selling primers, handgun and popular rifle ammo (223,308,06 etc) again at bargain prices. I got 50 rd boxes of PMC 9MM for 9.95, PMC 380 for 11.95 and Remington 38+P JHP for 13.95. There were quite a few vendors asking ridicules prices like 30 for a box of 9MM and 45 a thousand for primers. Until they figure out the shortages and price gouging is over with. They will be hauling their merchandise back home unless they can find some buyers with more money than brains.