Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Another New (To Me) Toy

AzRednek

Friend of mine settling up a 100 bux he owed me parted with this pistol for forgiving the debt and $50 cash from me. He probably would have let me have it for what he owed but I know he really needs the money and he seemed thrilled I was willing to add the cash. I never expected to see him or the 100 bux until his Social Security disability claim is adjudicated. I was really surprised when he showed up at my door.

Anyhow the new toy is a Czech made model VZOR 70 32ACP. I don't know if it shoots but it appears to be in good shape. Have to give the Czechs credit for designing it with a push button mag release rather than the typical European type. It is a single/double action. The double action pull is heavy but manageable and not ridicules like some other European da/sa pistols. The slide stays open on an empty mag but it does not have a release button. The slide has to be retracted with ammo in the mag or the mag removed to send the slide home. Tear down is similar to a Makarov but the CZ uses a push button rather than the pivoting trigger guard to remove the slide.

I only got 6 rds of ammo with it. I don't have any other 32's and don't want to invest reloading tools, brass or shell out probably 30 bux for a box of ammo. If it shoots the 6 rds ok it will likely go to the next gunshow with me for trading. If my health is ok and I don't wind up in the hospital after my weekly chemo treatments in October and god willing I keep avoiding the Grim Reaper. I plan on getting a table in November when Phoenix hosts a huge 3 day gunshow.

AAAA-CZ-32.jpg