Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Lawyers... Gotta Love Them!

724wd

A lawyer and a I were sitting next to each other on a long flight.

The lawyer must have been thinking that I look so gullible that he could get one over on me easy.

So the lawyer asks if I would like to play a fun game.

I was tired and just wanted to take a nap, so I politely declined and tried to catch a few winks.

The lawyer persists, saying that the game is a lot of fun.

"I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only $5. Then you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500," he says.

This caught my attention and to keep the lawyer quiet, I nod my head, I’ll play.

The lawyer asks the first question: "What's the distance from the Earth to the Moon?"

I didn't say a word, just reached into my pocket, pulled out a five-dollar bill, and handed it to the lawyer.

Now it's MY turn. I ask the lawyer, "What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?"

The lawyer uses his laptop and searches all references he could find on the internet.

He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows; all to no avail. After an hour of searching, he finally gives up.

He wakes me and reluctantly handed me $500. So I unceremoniously pocket the $500 and I go right back to sleep.

But the lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer. He wakes me up and asks, "Well, so what does go up a hill with three legs and comes down with four?"

I reach into my pocket, hand the lawyer $5, I oll over and go back to sleep!