Military Firearm Restoration Corner

New Health Standards Already

Sailormilan2

I was watching a You Tube video the other day, in which a Doctor was giving a speech about the Obama health care plan. According to this video, a very important part of the Health Care Bill was not in the health care bill, but rather, was included in the Obama Stimulus package. A committee of 15 or so idividuals was created, who will decide what treatments are to be utilised for what ailments. (If I have that right)

Well, my girlfriend just called me. She just had a mammogram done, and the Dr. who read her results sent her a letter about the proposed new Mammogram standards.

This new committee is recommending not starting mammograms until age 50, no self exams, and to be done every other year, rather than staring at 40 and every year as is now recommended by the American Cancer Society. Her Doctor claims that the stats show that over 19% of breast cancers are found in women under age 50. Which of course will not be found until probably too late. There were some other stats included, but apparently this "committee" totally ignores all stats collected from around the world and has come up with their own stats that they are using. Of course, these stats are much lower than everyone elses.

The given "reasons" for this change is it helps the women by reducing the "pain" from the mammograms, and the anxiety over worrying about the results. My girlfriend says that one of the reasons one gets a mammogram is to be free from anxiety.

This Doctor's letter ultimately stated he/they/the doctors are recommending following the American Cancer Society's guidelines, but not this committee's guidlines.

I wonder what this will do to insurance coverage of this procedure? Will the insurance companies still cover yearly exams, or will they only cover the every other year exams.

I guess this is the first step in watching our health care decrease.

For the video

It's all about the "total life" system. The very young rate very little and the old rate very little, After you hit middle age what you are "worth" decreases and of course what will be expended on your behalf is reduced. Just ask a Brit or a Canadian. And of course it's about control..........