Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Stroke Victim

tinkerfive

Guys

I know a guy from work that had a stroke about 4 years ago.

Although we were never close friends I think highly of the guy.

The following meant in total irony, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Anyhow!

I bumped into him the other day along with another fellow and we got to talking about deer hunting.

As I walked away I got to wondering about the mechanics of how he would aim and shoot a rifle.

I'm in over my head right now and couldn't possibly do anything for him before the opening day in 2 weeks.

I was wondering if there might be something I could do for him by next season.

I hadn't asked if he has a bolt or lever or pump gun.

I was just wondering if anyone here knows anything about handicapped firearm modifications.

He has basically no use of his right arm and I don't know about his eye. His face does seem a bit

droopy on the right side.

Looking forward to any input.

Thanks

Tinker

Good post.

Unfortunately I don't know of anything right off hand. It would seem to me any mods would need to be done on a very personalized basis since the nature of the injury would dictate the mods required.

Is he making a concerted effort to use his left side? Maybe a left handed orientated bolt action? Or even a break action single shot for simplicity set up for a new lefty?

This is a tough one.

He's going to have to be involved in this, not a "surprise, we're goin' a huntin'." How much use of his right side does he have? He probably has good right eye vision. Was he right handed? Perhaps something like a bench rest setup at a blind. Sand bags, etc., and a gun that is left hand friendly.