Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Whats My Mauser Worht?

brian923

whats my mauser worth????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im looking to trade or sell my mauser for a 450 bushmaster AR upper build. i am looking to see what its worth so that i dont get hosed, or over charge someone for it. it is a german k98k mauser mod.98. it says dou and 44 on the top of the action. the serial number is 17** and is on the action, bolt, bottom metal, mag bottom and the bolt safty shroud. it has some nazi markings as well as a russian capture "X" marking. i am not 100 percent sure if it is a mitchells or not. the stock has been fixed. the small bridge of wood in the stock between the rear action screw and the trigger hole was split, so i drilled the stock and screwed and apoxied a brass screw and refinished the area. it is the small brass dot next to the bolt handle. i also have a set of lee reloading dies, some nosler ballistic tip bullets and numerous pieces of brass that i will sell with the rifle. im looking to get $450.00. is that unreasonable??? thanks for your help, brian.

mymausernumberspics007.jpg

mymausernumberspics001.jpg

mymausernumberspics003.jpg

mauserkar98k006.jpg

mauserkar98k005.jpg

mauserkar98k001.jpg

I feel $450 is a bit high especially if it is a Russian capture with import marks. If it were a WW2 bring-back, with papers then it would easily go for 450. The best way to get an idea of it's value is to check with the gun auction websites and see what they have actually sold for the past 90 days. Don't be misled by the auctions listed with a high price and no bids. One thing you have going for you are the Nazi markings. Nazi collectors are a weird bunch and I have had several deals in my favor trading with them.