Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Choate And Ram Line Stocks

Guest ahoyza

Has anyone got and experience or input with the $100+- synthetic stocks from ram line or choate?

I'm thinking about slapping one on my (already bubba-ized) 1895 Chileno 7mm.

Thanks

I have a Ramline and I like it. Some folks complain about cracks or chips, but I haven't experienced any. I really like the lines and feel of the stock.

I also have Choate products. They tend to be a bit heavy, but they are more than functional.

The Choate will probably get you less arguments than the Ramline.

Bell and Carlson makes a stock for the 96 Mauser. I'm not sure if it will fit the '93/95. I haven't heard any complaints about the B&C.

Bell and Carlson makes a stock for the 96 Mauser. I'm not sure if it will fit the '93/95. I haven't heard any complaints about the B&C.

I've had a couple B&C Carbelite stocks and they are probably the strongest out there.

The only way to destroy one is with grinding or cutting tools or fire. You'll never hurt one with a lifetime of normal use.

My only complaint is with all that strength, comes weight.

Has anyone got and experience or input with the $100+- synthetic stocks from ram line or choate?

I'm thinking about slapping one on my (already bubba-ized) 1895 Chileno 7mm.

Thanks

My '95 came pre-bubba-ized and with a Choate stock. I really liked the stock except that it was definitely a scope-only proposition, and probably with high rings at that. I had to really squeeze my cheeck hard against the stock to see the iron sights. It was uncomfortable sighting and painful shooting. Mine had a built-in trigger guard, so you end up loosing the drop-bottom magazine feature.