Military Firearm Restoration Corner

In Defence Of Unions.

karlunity

in defense of unions.

I do not include commies in this.

Men have a right to join and bargain for pay and benefits as a union.

If any here think that that a multi-national corp gives a dam about anyone working here, they had best look at China.

THAT is the cooperate ideal and as for the free-market, I worked on Wall Street and liked the firms and the people, they treated a lowly security guard with great kindness and generosity..but you had best believe that they have friends in DC and influence the Feds. I see nothing wrong with the American worker having an equal voice.

Why the unions support progressives who send their jobs over seas or support NAFTA or open borders is beyond me.

But as a tool to give a person the power to negotiate for fair pay?

I support the right to join a union.

Karl,

I support the right to join a union, or to not join a union. I've been in unions and seen them from the inside. They now exist for the purpose of the union and the union's top management and no other reason. Once there was a time that people were dieing so that sailors could have canned milk on ships. That time is past. Unions for public paid employees gets a bit fuzzy.

After dealing with the big union boss lady on Oahu I have a strong dislike for unions. She defended the worker no matter how poor their performance, or threat to patient safety.

That's the way union reps are supposed to behave.

These days it is far more common for unions to sacrifice workers for the good of the union.

I believe that collective bargaining for public employees needs to be restructured to ease the burden faced by the taxpayers in states facing budget shortfalls. States with right-to-work laws and constitutionally established RTW rules, seem to suffer less budget problems than states locked into union collective bargaining. There will be a push in those states to lean more in the direction of right-to-work based rules, to cut budgets, instead of raising taxes.

Union workers need to realize that their salaries far exceed the average worker's private sector wages, not to mention the people on fixed incomes from social security and disability, who have not seen a COLA increase going on three years. The unions need to bite the bullet, and perhaps we need all the states in the country to become right-to-work states.

We need a concerted effort to elect a president in 2012, who will listen to the silent majority, and who will allow our oil companies to drill, baby, drill.

Spiris

Here in Commyfornia, Gov. Moonbeam Brown signed legislation giving state workers right to collective bargaining.

Here is how it has evolved over the last 30 yr.

Unions take the dues from members. After lining their own pockets they pass the rest off to Political Campaigns. They tell members how they should vote in general elections. Being the good little brainless sheep that they are the vast majority vote anyway the union tells them to.

At this point the elected officials owe the unions their jobs. So they sign unsustainable sweetheart deals for the unions. So the union officials get even more money to add to the circle jerk of buying politicians.

Since gaining collective bargaining powers the unions now own the state legislature. In esence they have purchased their employers.

In private sector negotiations the employees sit on one side of the table and the employers on the other. Employers bargain with their own monies and employees bargain for part of the cash+benefits. They hash out agreements that best serve the interests of both parties.

With public service unions the employers and the employees are both on one side of the table and the now unrepresented taxpayers are on the other side. The employers [read crooked politicians already bought and paid for by the unions] have absolutely no incentive to bargain in good faith because they are not bargaining with their own money but that of the taxpayers. {Remember the unrepresented folks with the deep tax pockets sitting across the table}.

Commyfornia, the richest most populous state in the Nation is now 25.6 BILLION dollars in the red and sliding into bankruptcy because of this situation and their is no end in sight.

NUMBERS.........Only a small percentage of the population are public service union members. Yet they have managed to bankrupt the state while lining their own pockets with the tax dollars of the rest of the residents.

Even a Liberal A-hole like FDR could see what would happen and fought against it.

Here in Commyfornia, Gov. Moonbeam Brown signed legislation giving state workers right to collective bargaining.

Here is how it has evolved over the last 30 yr.

Unions take the dues from members. After lining their own pockets they pass the rest off to Political Campaigns. They tell members how they should vote in general elections. Being the good little brainless sheep that they are the vast majority vote anyway the union tells them to.

At this point the elected officials owe the unions their jobs. So they sign unsustainable sweetheart deals for the unions. So the union officials get even more money to add to the circle jerk of buying politicians.

Since gaining collective bargaining powers the unions now own the state legislature. In esence they have purchased their employers.

In private sector negotiations the employees sit on one side of the table and the employers on the other. Employers bargain with their own monies and employees bargain for part of the cash+benefits. They hash out agreements that best serve the interests of both parties.

With public service unions the employers and the employees are both on one side of the table and the now unrepresented taxpayers are on the other side. The employers [read crooked politicians already bought and paid for by the unions] have absolutely no incentive to bargain in good faith because they are not bargaining with their own money but that of the taxpayers. {Remember the unrepresented folks with the deep tax pockets sitting across the table}.

Commyfornia, the richest most populous state in the Nation is now 25.6 BILLION dollars in the red and sliding into bankruptcy because of this situation and their is no end in sight.

NUMBERS.........Only a small percentage of the population are public service union members. Yet they have managed to bankrupt the state while lining their own pockets with the tax dollars of the rest of the residents.

Even a Liberal A-hole like FDR could see what would happen and fought against it.

not to diminish the role of unions, but california also has massive wellfare and illegal problems (as well as illegals on wellfare...)

not to diminish the role of unions, but california also has massive wellfare and illegal problems (as well as illegals on wellfare...)

724 yes most definitely, but I rant about those problems under different topics. ;)

To Clarify..........I'm not an anti-union ranter just a public sector anti-union ranter. I will be 62 this yr and start collecting a union pension. But it is a private sector pension from the UBC not one penney of which comes from taxpayers pockets.

After dealing with the big union boss lady on Oahu I have a strong dislike for unions. She defended the worker no matter how poor their performance, or threat to patient safety.

Being a former union officer I can speak from experience. You can blame lawyers for that more than the unions. If a union does not defend and represent an employee against job termination or discipline. The union opens itself up to a lawsuit. Unless there was criminal activity involved that is best handled by a lawyer. The union's hands are tied.

I could tell you few horror stories about being forced to represent employees that didn't deserve their jobs, didn't carry their load, had constant attendance problems and had drug or drinking problems. The most useless excuse of a worker I had ever known in my life had a supervisor guarantee her a job for life by calling her a good for nothing Jew and the most useless f ing c nt he ever knew in front of several witnesses. We used to call her dial a grievance, everything she didn't like was due to Jewish or sexist discrimination. She would still be working today but got caught red-handed filing a phony worker's comp claim and padding some travel expenses.

The only reason she was hired and got through her 90 day probationary period where she could have been terminated for any reason. Was giving her immediate supervisors, low level managers blow jobs in the parking lot.

The only reason she was hired and got through her 90 day probationary period where she could have been terminated for any reason. Was giving her immediate supervisors, low level managers blow jobs in the parking lot.

I think I know that girl :unsure:

Seriously though, I have few issues with private sector unions because from my experience with them they seem very inept, and in most cases they have to compete with the rest of the work force. Only when crooked politicians get involved, slanting things in favor of union do I cry fowl.

On the other hand, there's the public employee unions and the NEA, both of which have a death grip on the whole coutry. chocking us for everything they can get.

Ronald Reagan knew unions and how to deal with them.

I think I know that girl :unsure:

Seriously though, I have few issues with private sector unions because from my experience with them they seem very inept, and in most cases they have to compete with the rest of the work force. Only when crooked politicians get involved, slanting things in favor of union do I cry fowl.

On the other hand, there's the public employee unions and the NEA, both of which have a death grip on the whole coutry. chocking us for everything they can get.

Ronald Reagan knew unions and how to deal with them.

Before becoming Gov. of Commyfornia the Gipper was president of the Screen Actors Guild. He was not anti union but would not allow any group to strangle his country.

JM2c

Well, the truth is out- they serve me, myself, and I.

Tony not entirely true. I guess "they" if you include the entire membership would not in my opinion apply. If "they" was meant to include the top, full-time, paid union leadership you hit it right on the head.

Union leaders often continue to receive a paycheck and all the perks during a strike. The rank and file workers, once the strike fund is depleted are usually forced to live on hand-outs, charity and the generosity of their family or church. The strikers are reduced to standing in lines at food banks while their leadership continues to be ferried around in a chauffeur driven limo and draw their usual paycheck. Pathetic as it is these corrupt leaders are usually re-elected.