Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Well, Here We Are Again

karlunity

I have never been opposed to war when: It is in the national interest or a point of honor.

As long as we are allowed to win.

Here, I don't see the reason for it and question the result.

So, we get rid of Qaddafi..who takes his place?

What happens if a civil war starts..do we stay or go?

What happens if a group of Americans are captured?

What if the King sends the Saudi Army against protesters..do we fly against him or Syria?

Who pays for all this "peace-keeping"?

Karl

I too am not sure what to think about this.

I would love to see Qadafi get his "due" at the end of a rope.

However, Libya is not exactly key to our interests. Unlike Afghanastan and Iraq, which by the way bookends Iran the true threat to America. So it is in our strategic interest to be heavily involved there and have sufficient military assest within minutes of delivering a crushing retaliation in the event of an Iranian backed terrorist attack. Which is probably the only reason we have not seen an attack on American soil since 9/11.

As far as a Libyan civil war starting, I think it is already going on. We are just inviting a Korean style conflict. Which is where I think we are heading. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

If the presidents premise of avoiding mass civilian casualties was the reason to start a third "conflict", then there are several other hot spots which meet that criteria...

Mr. Obama is finding out that cheerleading in a campaign does not equate to leadership on the job and making unpopular decisions is part of it. He will be hated no matter what he does, but that still did not prevent him from taking a swipe at George W Bush last night. Still blaming the last administration for everything, and that my friend displays his character...

I think he showed a great amount of indecision and lack of leadership leading up to this. I respect the fact that you have to wait and see what happens before you commit and you also have to have good intel to have the opportunity to make good decisions so I am giving the CiC a little wiggle room here. We'll see..

It seems to me that it's very dangerous for any foreign leader to be an allie of the US.

What's so new that Qaddafi has to go now? A month ago Washington was praising his

turn-a-round. Who really cares if the Libyans kill each other? Those who we are supposedly helping now, were dancing in the streets after Lockerbie.

I'd rather let Qaddafi bomb his whole country into oblivion than lose 1 US soldier.

The American people will gain nothing from this. The big oil companies will gain everything, same as they have done in Iraq; thousands of American boys dead and maimed, tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians dead, and we are no safer than when the war started but, big oil is WAY ahead of the game now.