Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My Father's Passing

Brenden

After a long battle, my father passed away this morning at 5:00 am. His heart had given out on him Tuesday afternoon, and after close to a half hour of working on him, they got his heart started again. He was on life support to keep him going. They did an EEG and it showed severe brain damage, but no function. The doctor said he would be a vegetable the rest of his life if he even made it much longer. Dad didn't want that; we took him off the support, and he quietly passed away in his sleep surrounded by his family. For death, it was the most beautiful picture you could imagine. He is with God now, and he is healthy and happy now.

He had been out of the hospital a week and doing great. He was eating like he always did, and even a neighbor said he was like the "old Marvin" that he had always seen. We had a very good week with him, and had a blast. He watched me shoot his gun that I built him for Christmas, and in his words, "That is a shooting son of a gun!" He was very excited about the grouping. He even went out and helped my mother saddle up the horses and watched her ride for an hour.

This was much unexpected, one minute he was laughing and talking, the next he was gone. I miss him very much to say the least. He was the best dad, and my best friend. Just an all around good fellow.

Here is a picture of him on his horse Cookie; he had just started breaking this horse to ride before he became ill in February.

Thank you all for your support throughout this.

Brenden

100_0588.jpg

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone. I appreciate you guys being there for me throughout all of this. Not an easy time for us, but we have gotten lots of support that has helped us through this. Thank you again.

Brenden

• 2 weeks later...