Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Fl Gunshow

karlunity

Fellas.

It seems that you can trade guns at the local gunshows.

No papers...no ffl...just trade...

karl

That's the way it has always been unless your state has some "special" rules. That's the "loop-hole" the politicians and anti-gunners are constantly whining about. Any transfer of ownership of a gun - trade, buy or sell - is legal without any paperwork WITHIN THE BORDERS OF A SINGLE STATE AS LONG AS BOTH PARTIES ARE RESIDENTS OF THAT STATE. It doesn't matter whether the transaction is in your house or in a gun show. The protection of that "Within-state-only" 'transaction' is provided by the 10th Amendment to US Constitution.

So why should you have to go through all of the rigamarol at a "gun store", you might ask. First, there are several states that say you SHOULDN'T have to, and are challenging the Federal "gun laws" regarding within-state-transactions on 10th Amendment grounds. However, the gun store owner has a FEDERAL LICENSE and in order to keep that license and avoid FEDERAL prosecution, he MUST comply with ALL of the constraints of the license, including the paperwork and background check.

Paul

Fellas.

karl

That is the way we do things here in Arizona be it a gunshow or a deal struck on the net. We have a couple of pretty busy internet sites where guns are bought, sold and traded. AZ law does require both parties be a resident of the state. Myself and the majority of those I've dealt with want to see an AZ driver's license to cover our rear-ends on the residency requirement.

5ead1bd080404a87e854435dd9ec6e2c--3.jpg

That is the way we do things here in Arizona be it a gunshow or a deal struck on the net. We have a couple of pretty busy internet sites where guns are bought, sold and traded. AZ law does require both parties be a resident of the state. Myself and the majority of those I've dealt with want to see an AZ driver's license to cover our rear-ends on the residency requirement.

5ead1bd080404a87e854435dd9ec6e2c--3.jpg

AZ, does that include shipping of firearms to someone else within the state, or, does the transaction have to be FTF?

AZ, does that include shipping of firearms to someone else within the state, or, does the transaction have to be FTF?

It is my understanding it is ok to ship long guns within the state, the only problem though is there isn't anybody that will ship it unless it is going to an FFL.

Fellas.

karl

So did you make any acquisitions with your newly re-established freedom?

Not yet...the gun show is this weekend but I did apply for a carry permit already.

I cannot go as ape as I used to, being retired, but at least I shall restock the ammo and with luck look for a 1911.

Karl

Not yet...the gun show is this weekend but I did apply for a carry permit already.

I cannot go as ape as I used to, being retired, but at least I shall restock the ammo and with luck look for a 1911.

Karl

I'd sure like to go with you! we have one or two small gun shows here each year but ammo price are usually quite high due to shipping. I practically drool when I get advertizements from ammo sellers down in America.

A good way to save on ammo is to use "The Load".

It is 13 grains of Red Dot in any rifle 30 cal to 8mm...full size cartrage...not 762/39 or M1 Carbine.

I used it for target shooting for years in my milsups.

You set the sights for 400 meters at 100 meters on say a Mauser 98 and you are good to go.

It will group 2 inches at 200 meters from a good rifle.

The nice part is that you get about about 500 shots per lb.

I never used it to hunt but for target shooting it is very good.

Karl

Missed the gunshow.

The Hippy hurt her ankle, it is just sprained and she is better now, but I did not want her walking around on it,

Next one is in Oct...they seem to have a lot of them here : )

karl