Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Sks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest TONEY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been cleaning cosmo, think i got a good one was't sure boughtsome Olymic ammo, the only stuff he had. The first one i dropped the bolt on stuck, I tryed to open it just a little to see if one went into bat. like to never got it open. Took it home and cleaned it very good

and still had the problem. Tryed one in my norinco and it did the same.

So i got some wolf fmj and hp's out of the locker and took her out The oly. is junk it jamed {smoke stacked} some would not go into bat.untill i wacked the carrier. The wolf seemed a lot hotter worked 100% for me, when my youngset girl sis shot sometimes it would not strip one

off?

I brought the rest of the oly home to pull down for the endfield The rifle shot pretty good. I think almost as good as the norinco. Got to get more ammo

Cool rifles for the money, traded a 12g topper and $60!!!!!

You can get it down to 2 in or better.

Glass bed or shim the action in the stock.

Take the trigger group apart and smooth and oil the goves.

It may take a while, but you will have a lot of fun and a very good shooter.

Karl

Hello FC.

The problem with the SKS stock, at least with the Chicom issue, is soft wood and a very loose action to wood fit.

So on one SKS, I used strips of leather to fit the action very tightly to the stock.

On my other SKS, I got a simifinished stock from AIM, it was much better wood, and hand fit the action to the stock.

That and some trigger work helped alot.

Take care

Karl