Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Report From The Va

karlunity

I reported to the VA for my physical.

They are much nicer than the Marine Corps was. :)

Seems that I am OK for a old guy...the EEG? had a few lines ...they asked me ...ASKED..if I wanted to take an another test, seems that they would inject a Iv ..I said "No thanks".. and skipped the finger in the butt..a few pounds over weight but heart and wind are fine...

Guess there is something to be said for eating the Hippy's health food.

karl

The VA is WAY, WAY, better than it was almost 40 years ago. I've got some stories from the '70s that would straighten your hair. But since about '85 or so, there has been a REAL change in their attitude. I think Regan got rid of the anti-military, draft-dodging, sons of bachelors of the '70s. When they, (in the Anchorage hospital), found out I was a service-connected VNE vet they bent over backwards to be accommodating. They treated my Dad pretty good in the later years, but they treated him like crap in the early '80s. Exact same story for my brother, another service-connected VN vet.

Yeah, I skipped "the finger" too. The guy 'pressed' a little because I am 60 and have never had one, so I put it to him this way: "If you REALLY feel like you need to stick your finger up my a$, then I'll listen to more arguments, but the way I see it, there's nothing indicating that I am 'at risk'." He assured me he didn't feel the "need" to stick his finger up my butt.

Paul

If and when you need to get the old prostate checked, here is a helpful hint from someone who has been explored like a cavern: relax. You'll feel like you need to take a dump in a big way, but this too shall come to pass my son! Just relax as much as you can from the invasion. What queers get out of it I have no clue!

When I took my first draft physical in 69 a black guy refused the test beat the Dr and his assistant and it almost turned into a race riot. The black guy didn't understand the "bend over, spread your cheeks and show me your tonsils" command. When the Dr attempted to penetrate him fists flew. When I was interviewed later in the day by the Dr he had an ice pack on his swollen cheek. The black guy left in handcuffs but was back before the day was over.

My last physical I was still warm and had blood pressure.