Military Firearm Restoration Corner

We May Be Going Off Half-Cocked

karlunity

Fellas.

I just googled and read that bill,National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), as of 12/12, Americans were exempt ..so unless it changed in the last few days..we are going off half cocked.

The Conferees balance this approach with the conviction that the erosion of citizens’ civil liberties in the pursuit of security constitutes a victory by the enemy. To that end, these provisions do not extend any new authorities to detain U.S. citizens and explicitly exempt U.S. citizens from provisions related to military custody of terrorists. The FY 12 NDAA:

 Prohibits the transfer or release of Guantanamo detainees to or within the United States.

 Prohibits the use of funds to house Guantanamo detainees in the United States.

 Reaffirms the lawful detention of individuals from al Qaeda, the Taliban, and associated forces engaged in armed conflict with the United States, without extending new authority to detain U.S. citizens.

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=4f2d9786-ba3f-4165-9315-84ca6e5da687

karl

Ok so men in black suits come arrest you off the street. Karl says "you can't hold me without the right to a trial lawyer, one phone call etc because I'm an American citizen". The man in the black suit says "oh really thats not what it says here can you prove it". After the Hippie diligently searches, finds you in custody on some obscure military base only because she was tipped off by a guard with a guilty conscience. Hippie provides documents showing you are a citizen and after several months and tens of thousands in lawyer fees in you are released.

The g-men in black suits say "oops sorry for the mistake we'll have to find out whom mistakenly checked that box that says non-citizen". "Oh and sorry you lost the election, guess the voters believed the false rumor you skipped the country". "Ummm who would ever plant a false rumor like that".

Mr govt politician could care less after you sue and collect millions. Not a stinking dime comes out of his pocket. The g-men in black suits are acquitted after using the "I was following orders" defense. Given their jobs back, with back pay and a big promotion. The guard with the guilty conscience is reported as missing!!

The legislation stinks in any form and wide open to abuse. Couldn't happen here this is America!!