Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Relationship Update

Sailormilan2

I posted last April about my GF who had broken up with me. I should have listened to some of the advice here, but I decided to take a chance. Back in September she contacted me and said she had made a mistake and wanted to come back, she missed me, she still loved me, yada, yada, yada. She broke up with the guy she left me for, and wanted to give us a try again. I figured that since I had 2 years invested, I would give her another try.

Then, after all these promises, she goes to her shrink 2 weeks later and comes back with "all I can offer you at this time is 'friendship'". During that time she invited the guy she had just broken up with back into her life as a "friend".

Needless to say, I was just a tad PO'd. Back in October when I figured everything out I let her know this. So, she tells me that since her shrink says that guys can't go back to being just friends, we need to move on. I have a friend who has known me for 40+ years, and she said she has never seen me this angry. :angry: So, I am moving on.

So, after I start moving on, I get a text message from her two weeks ago. Asking if that was me she had seen on a motorcycle on the Hwy 150 miles north of my home. Let's see, she has been on this bike a 100 times with me, and she doesn't know if it is me or not?????????????? Huh??? This text was received 1 hour after I had just made a date with a new lady friend I have made. :D How did she know I had made a date?????

All my lady friends all told me that she would start contacting me in January, and all were shocked she had sent a message 6 weeks early. It looks like I am going to have to block her number, since she doesn't know how to let go. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the new lady friend has had one date with me, and said she definately wants another when she gets back from visiting family back in Ohio during the Christmas Holidays. She even said she was very pleasantly surprised to see that I was not as overweight as I had made out. That my arms and legs are very toned, though I do need to work on the tummy a bit more. She said that I am just big framed/boned and I am big, period. Not like the old GF who thought I was grossly overweight. The new lady is a Physical Therapist and is used to judgeing people's builds.

The new lady has been texting me all during her out of state trip to her family, and told me she wants to have more fun with me. She loves to laugh, and I love to tease. Nice thing is that she loves to camp, fish, and shoot. She has her own gun, and her younger brother is a retired cop like me. Plus, she loves to ride motorcycles.

So, things are looking up.

In case any here are wondering why I am posting this. I am trying to vent in a safe and rather humerous fashion. Poking fun at my self for my mistake. But, it shows that even us old guys can learn. I sure won't do this again.

Keep the "f" away from the old one. You're a glutton for punishment and can't keep away. She wants to be your "friend", dumps you for another guy, comes back, goes away, comes back. You make up her mind for her; "friends" it is, and infrequent ones at that.

You're a mean, lean, fightin' machine! Sounds like you have a Lady who can treat you right. Have some and enjoy life for a change.

Oh, and wear a condom.

Happy Holidays.

:)

One thing I would do before blocking her number is send one last text being very direct but not rude, tell her something to the affect of "never to contact you again in any manner for any reason that you are done with her" and then block her number. It sounds like your new lady has potential take it slow and have fun.

Tom

Once she knows that you have a new lady.

She WILL try and keep in contact. She will offer everything from sad stories to the Kama Sutra.

DON'T repeat DON'T repeat DON'T fall for it.

As soon as you dump the new girl and go back..she has won.

You will get a kick in the butt.

Block her phone # and emails...

You will not believe the cost to you if you fall again.

Plus and perhaps most important it would Not be proper or fair to the new lady to keep allowing the old one back in.

karl...

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to tell my youngest son's mother off and it felt SOOO good.

She wanted me to join her in a visit to our son whom is presently stationed at San Diego.

On the surface that may sound okay but, I know her scheming ways.

When I told her by email I would not be participating, her verbal tirade was predictable and nasty.

My simple response was “It would not bother me if I never heard from you again.”

I haven’t.

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to tell my youngest son's mother off and it felt SOOO good.

She wanted me to join her in a visit to our son whom is presently stationed at San Diego.

On the surface that may sound okay but, I know her scheming ways.

When I told her by email I would not be participating, her verbal tirade was predictable and nasty.

My simple response was “It would not bother me if I never heard from you again.”

I haven’t.

Well, I have a feeling I may get the chance to do that very thing. She has made the comment that she wants to be able to come up to me at my class reunion, give me a hug, and meet my "sexy new girlfirend". Unfortunately, she has no business being there. She never went to that school, though her daughters currently do. Current students have no part in any of the programs, so she has no need to be there. If she shows up, it will be for one reason, and one reason only..........to see me. Which I have a feeling she might do. Fortunately, that is 4 months away, so anything can happen in the mean time. But, while I have lots of self control, I also have a temper, so a scene could happen. :o

She has made the comment that she wants to be able to come up to me at my class reunion, give me a hug, and meet my "sexy new girlfirend".

That sounds a little creepy! ;(

Maybe you should think about a restraining order. Or at least be very vigilant if she really shows up.

If there is no way to keep her out, skip the reunion. She has months to plot and she will do her best to sink her "rival". ""sexy new girlfirend" tranlated from old girlfriend speak is "new young hussy".

Don't get the idea that this is about you. You don't count in her mind. I once heard a woman put it this way..

"I NEVER lose". Change the dam e-mail or block it..

women are like men some are good some are bad..

karl

She even "suggested" that I date one of her friends who lives 240 miles away. :o She couldn't set me up with a cute one that only lives 75 miles away. Noooooo!

Guys, I can assure you that I am not that stupid. I thought the first rule of dating was that you don't let your friends date your ex? :rolleyes: There is no way that I would get invovled with any of her friends, that is just begging for trouble.

I am better off without her or her friends. :D

Hummm...her "friend" in all probability has aids or the clap or is knocked up and looking for someone to hand the bill to.

" I can assure you that I am not that stupid"

Not a matter of stupid..but of inexperience, young gentleman or ladies for that matter, tend to be a bit naive.

OLD Distrustful

Karl

Before I was blessed to meet the Hippy, I ran into some women that made lady Dracula on LSD with a speed chaser look good. :rolleyes:

Karl

Sounds like you dated my ex-wife. Prior to my marriage, I never believed in the occult. My ex demostrated that there are in fact Succubi roaming this world, and she was their queen.

My advice to the OP: RUN!!! Your ex sounds like a carbon copy of the four wheel drive, twenty-four carrat gold plated "Hag from Hell" that I was married to. Do yourself a favor, and bid good riddance to bad rubbish and move along with your new lady friend.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated Again!

Wellll, it happend. Just like some of my lady friends said it would. They predicted I would start getting messages in the middle to latter part of January.................and they were so right. :o

Today I got two text messages from the ex GF. Starting with asking how my stomach surgery went, how I was, that she started her new class, that she got laid off from one of her dentists that she works for, asking how my cats were, and that her dog (my favorite dog) was still sick. ;)

This is the second time in 6 months she has started a text message asking about my lap band surgery. One of my lady friends thinks that if my surgery had been done, and I had lost the last bit of weight, she would come back....................but who wants to be wanted that way. That is like being wanted only because of one's paycheck, or because one has blonde hair.

I have blocked her emails so she can't send me anything, and blocked her on Facebook so she cannot locate me or message me on Facebook. I haven't blocked her phone number yet, as that costs money. But, it may be coming. :angry:

I have blocked her emails so she can't send me anything, and blocked her on Facebook so she cannot locate me or message me on Facebook. I haven't blocked her phone number yet, as that costs money. But, it may be coming. :angry:

Good! :)