Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Interesting Story

ken98k

John Wayne did his part and it turned out to be an Important Part. He set a standard of Behavior that my NCOs' in Vietnam held us to. We knew it was just Hollywood, but it was behavior we could live with. No shame in what he did during WWII. My First Scout Master Join the Army Air Corps right after Pearl Harbor to Kill Japs, Nazis and Wops, Terms of the Day. He repaired Trainers in Texas the entire war. You did what was best for the War effort and it wasn't always what you really wanted to do.

Not sure if true but you know how that goes. This is after all the internet. I've heard and read for many years [like 50 or so] that the Duke was actually 4-f because of his knees. Same reason he lost his college football schoralship.

He went to my high school. There's a walk with all the years in stone. His year (I forget, 20-something) is fancier than all the other years.

A good friend of mine is rather down on him for the whole draft/joining thing. I also figure he did what was best for the country, that is, propaganda films are a big part of any war effort. If the home front people aren't happy, well, look at 'Nam and how that turned out.

My First Scout Master Join the Army Air Corps right after Pearl Harbor to Kill Japs, Nazis and Wops, Terms of the Day. He repaired Trainers in Texas the entire war.

No shame there at all.

It takes a whole lotta behind the scenes heros to keep one airplane flying or one soldier shooting. (Or even walking.)

The guys I really liked and praise to this day, were cooks.