Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Why I Support Ron Paul

karlunity

This is why I support Ron Paul

either let my Marines fight or end the war now.

Marine's career threatened by controversial rules of engagement | Washington Examiner

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/world/2012/01/marines-career-threatened-controversial-rules-engagement/2127401

This is worse than Nam.

karl

Supporting Ron Paul - or anyone else - won't change this ######.

Assuming we know all the facts, and I think we know enough of them, to even "chew out" a soldier for actions described, is a disgrace. The REAL ass-hole here isn't the "rules of engagement", it's Lt.Col Seth Folsom. I STRONGLY suspect that this whole matter is REALLY just a pissing match between Folsom and Waddell. The military "system" - and it is NOT "new" - allows superiors to screw subordinates if they so care to, and do it with relative impunity.

I suspect that there is more to the story, but since NO ONE is claiming that Waddell did anything that was cruel, inhumane, or violated the Geneva accord, the REAL issue is the command of Folsom.

Ron Paul could do exactly nothing about this sort of crap. It has been going on since there have been 'armies'. The son of a bachelor here isn't the "rules of engagement" it's Folsom.

Paul