Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Phoenix

FC

Tourist impressions of Phoenix: No big cultural or tourist draw that I can see- just another big city. Tuscon is like a little downtown San Antonio. I'll tell you though, I was totally blown away by the saguaro cacti. God did good! The mature ones are really tall, like 20 feet or so. No humidity like SC.

There's a great diner called, "Jerry's" that I recommend to anyone in Phoenix.

I had Thursday afternoon free, so I drove through the Sonoran Desert, then down to Tucson. The Saguaro Cacti blew me away! Wow, so glad I got to see these majestic creations of God! The ones I saw were probably 20 or so feet tall. To think they only grow about an inch per year! Tucson is pretty much like a little downtown San Antonio. The desert was the best place I saw.

I have Family in Phoenix. Their impression of why Phoenix is there is "That is where the Horse died, Covered Wagon broke for the last time or the Car broke down and couldn't afford to have it fixed" Take your pick. I take it that outside of work and some Really Good Resturants, which came later, there is not much reason for Phoenix to be.