Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Tacoma Area

FC

I'm in the Tacoma, WA area for some training in using patient check-in kiosks at Ft. Lewis. The views from the plane window of the snow-capped mountains, and the sun reflecting off the water between the islands was quite a testament to God's handiwork, I'll tell ya. I can't wait to see Mt. Ranier in the morning.

It's been exactly ten years since I've been here. Man, people aren't very nice around here! I had the same experience the last time I was here. Two people ran into me at the airport getting off their subway, and didn't say a thing.

Well, hopefully these two days will be productive. Myself and another guy are going to figure out how to use Madigan Army Medical Center's kiosk program in our hospital. We'll use their servers for a year. Neat technology that will check in patients and enable use of surveys using touch screen technology.

Seattle area is a new liberal enclave, a northern extension of San Francisco if you will. Gone is the work-a-day mentality of the loggers and fishermen that was prevalent up until the 70s. I think Tacoma puts up with military to a certain degree, as do Whidbey and Silverdale areas.

I've never smoked the wacky tabacky.

The IMD guy I visited Madigan Army Med Ctr. with had his veterinarian wife, his boy, and his girl with him. We went to Bainbridge Island. That ferry was HUGE! Neat little island, and a whole lot different than anything I've experienced.