Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Reamer Co-Op Complaint

FC

I would prefer that mine stay with the coop. The way it is you can get both the reamer and the gauges. If they are sent back it would probably require more chasing around to get all the stuff you need.

My vote is to keep the coop as is with a new Mike.

As I stated to Mike, wish I can do it. I live not far from the post office, about a mile. You guys help me out when I have questions. Even when I needing some plastic, someone step up and give me some with postage included. I even still have a piece left over. I forgot who give it to me but I sent him some money in return, and he was shock that I sent it to him and he never asked for any. That's a great guy. But since I am a OTR truck driver, it's hard for me to do it, maybe once I come off the road, I will step in, but meantime, someone needs to step up that is WILLING to do this small job. But I also think that they should be willing to work with everyone in the group, like Mr. Mike has done while he was doing it. There is times that you don't want to do it, but just think of it this way, it's a way to help the group. One location and one person dealing out the tools. I was thinking maybe Mike can help the next guy to how to manage the group.

Rob

Hi Guys, Please let me throw my two cents into the pot. I have not participated in the co-op but have been planning to send in guages and reamers. The only reason for not doing it yet was there were a few board members who wanted to use them first. Anyway, I think that the co-op is a great idea and should be kept. I personally think that "Tanglewood" Rod would be an excellent choice to take over for Mike. He is a long time member who knows these guns inside and out, he is experienced and knows what he is looking at and is current. He also wants to do the job. No offense to anyone. This is not a trust issue. Lets face it, there are some builders that are really up on things and have an understanding of machine tooling that most of us will never know. Taking advantage of this experience is a no-brainer IMHO.

Best of wishes to all. John