Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Should Have Gone For General

karlunity

The Hippy was watching one of the "buy a home" shows.

There was a AF two star getting ready to retire...he was buying a MILLION dollar house...so I looked up the retirement pay these days..the good general may get almost a 100,000 a year in pay and allowance with col and medical not counting SS.

The days of 90 bucks a month are long gone....I feel old.

karl

The Hippy was watching one of the "buy a home" shows.

There was a AF two star getting ready to retire...he was buying a MILLION dollar house...so I looked up the retirement pay these days..the good general may get almost a 100,000 a year in pay and allowance with col and medical not counting SS.

The days of 90 bucks a month are long gone....I feel old.

karl

To much work and long years to attain.

Just become a member of Congress or the Senate. All of the above and only takes one term to accomplish a life of luxury.

I don’t know if being a general is a good thing or not.

We had a General in my family and the last 20 years of his life he stopped talking to the rest of the family.

One of his brothers would occasionally go visit him on base but body guards were present at all times.

We were told that you could NEVER ask things like “hey what have you been working on” unless you wanted to be dragged out of the house and interrogated.

God forbid someone looked around the room at pictures or glanced at something on his desk. (Probable firing squad)

So in the end everyone stopped trying to visit!

[P.S. we were told later his work was secret!] So secret that he couldn’t even visit his family without a damn armed guard that couldn’t be more than a few feet away!

So Karl if you were a general you wouldn’t want to share your thoughts on this web site with us normal folks so like I said I don’t know if being a general is a good thing or not

Getting to be a general is easy if you're proficient at back stabbing, a$$ kissing, and politics overall.

It goes without saying you must be first and foremost an ego-maniac, and a little mental illness doesn’t hurt. Being a quasi-left leaning closet homosexual also is a plus.

Ken 98.

"first and foremost an ego-maniac, and a little mental illness doesn’t hurt."

I can handle that part, but I must comfess to falling short with the homo ..liberal..back stabbing part.

Guess I shall have to settle for Col. or perhaps cpl?

take care

karl

Ken 98.

"first and foremost an ego-maniac, and a little mental illness doesnt hurt."

I can handle that part, but I must comfess to falling short with the homo ..liberal..back stabbing part.

Guess I shall have to settle for Col. or perhaps cpl?

take care

karl

Karl,

I think as a battlefield general you would no doubt inspire fear in our enemies. :(

Unfortunately, you'll never make O7 because you are of the old school, you say what you think and mean what you say.

Salute