Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Turk sporter in modern classic stock

swamp_thing

Here are a couple of pictures of a KKale model 38 turk that I sporterized and put in a Richards Microfit modern classic stock. I left the finish satin for hunting purposes. It is the original 8mm military barrel shortened to 24". All in all the rifle came out well. My rifles are for the most part done on a very limited budget so they don't have many fancy features, but they serve the purpose well. swamp thing

user posted image

user posted image

hmmm...what's wrong with that stock? OH! you're shooting it with the wrong hand! J/K! biggrin.gif i just ordered a k.kale from SOG, should be here mid week. i've only had true large rings (and one yugo 24/47), so i hope i get what i am expecting! hope mine looks half as good as yours. i plan on 7mm mauser.

You done good Swampy! That really is a good looking stock,especially with the checkpiece on the correct side.If that was my rifle,I'd put pictures of it on the internet too! My next stock will be a Micro-fit.Jerry

Thanks fellas for the kind words. This was one of my earlier projects and I learned much from it. If you notice under the bolt handle you will see where I cut wrong and had to fill in. I haven't done that anymore at least. It was the start of an addiction for me though, and so more have followed. swamp thing