Military Firearm Restoration Corner

93 Muaser 8Mm

Acts 11:7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Howa-1500-308-Winchester-NEW-BARREL-CHEAP-/251194993769?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7c636c69

If you can get something like this really cheap, you can have the threads cut off/cut down and rechamber for the 300 Savage. It will vary by original barrel if you can do this or not.

I'd ask before you go crazy on purchasing.

Not 8mm Mauser, but a new barrel with a modern contour.

I just may leave the steps, however the barrel has some pits in it and I have been able to remove many of them but a lathe is probably in order. I have also removed the rear sight and I would like to have the set screw hole filled. The main reason for using this barrel is it's current accuracy. When I got my Turk it was packed in grease. After 3 days of cleaning I took it out and shot 20 rounds through it at 100 yards. all 20 were in 4". When I get done it will be scoped. I am confident it will drive tacs. I am building a walnut thumbhole stock for it now. I hope to shoot my first elk with it!

If it's accurate now, removing the steps could screw up everything.

Have the barrel cut to length and a simple crown. You can fill in screw holes with black-colored epoxy. Or you can get one of those paint-on type finishes and fill holes and pits with whatever you want: JB Weld, epoxy, etc. (Just don't use toothpaste).