Military Firearm Restoration Corner

cannot load windows or anything else

karlunity

Karl, I don't know what you are using for motherboard, but many of the new boards have a setting in bios, under cmos, for cdrom drives seperately in the primary, secondary drive settings. In other words, what I am saying is in addition to user defined, auto, etc is a setting for atapi cdrom drives. Make sure if this is the case that they are set for that. Look that main cmos screen over good, as they have changed somewhat as of late. Hope this helps. Only other thing I can think of is to recheck jumper settings on the drives. swamp thing

Karl, look on cmos and change to boot from cd. Put the os cd in and start the

computer. when booting the curser will go to the right top corner. push f12 while

this is blinking and it will start loading the operating system. while it is installing

it will find all of your hardware, and load the approprate drivers for you.

Mike

Make sure the Master/Slave setting is correct on the drives, don't use Cable Select because some mobo/drive combos do not like that.

If the BIOS POST shows that the CDRom is present, then you need to change the boot sequence to select the cdrom somewhere in the boot sequence (sometimes it is IDE0,1,2,3 or just CDROM). Then you need to make sure you have a bootable CD in the drive (I'm sure you have this, but I have to be thorough). If this doesn't fix your problems then I don't know what advice to offer.

Jimro

Yes, thanks fellas. It is running and running well.

I set it to 133 and it goes like a good Mauser.

Still looking for some cables to set up the front usb and sound ports and Twany the cat, zapped the on button, I made a new one from a bell ringer!!!

Thanks to all of you guys.

Karl