Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Firing problem

spec4 e4

Well, I replace it with another Bold trigger and it works great.  I will use that triggfer for 6.5 CM project.  I don't know why one trigger works great and the other no so much.   

But I got to do some minor fitting of safeties on a 270, 260, 7-08 and 308 and I'll almost done with projects.  The 270 is in a Hugo stock, 7-08 is in a Archangel stock, 260 is in a Boyd thumbhole stock and so is the 308.  

The last three projects is the 6.5 CM, and 2-35 whelen.

Rob

7 hours ago, donmarkey said:

Check the bolt handle notch. Sound as it might be to deep or too shallow and the bolt is over or under rotating . Quick check is to install a military 3 position safety and see if it goes in the bolt lock position when the handle is fully closed. 

Don

Already did this.  Work just fine.  

Rob

Has the bolt been forged low for scope, or a new handle welded on?  If so, has too much been taken off the bolt root, so that the bolt goes too far past center when closing? Easy way to check is to see if the "U" cut at the top of the bolt where the bolt shroud screws in lines up with the guide notch in the upper receiver bridge when seen from the rear.

7 hours ago, Sailormilan2 said:

Has the bolt been forged low for scope, or a new handle welded on?  If so, has too much been taken off the bolt root, so that the bolt goes too far past center when closing? Easy way to check is to see if the "U" cut at the top of the bolt where the bolt shroud screws in lines up with the guide notch in the upper receiver bridge when seen from the rear.

The bolt was forge and the u cut is right where it needs to be.  I think it's the trigger.  

22 hours ago, donmarkey said:

Rob

the other thing I can think of is the bold trigger. Do they like flat bottom cocking pieces better?  Try swapping to a commercial cocking piece or filling in the vee with jb weld. 

Don't know, but I put another Bold trigger and works great.  Thinking it just the one trigger has issue.  I just put it to the side dog another project that I'm planning later.

Rob