Military Firearm Restoration Corner

2021 Garden

manureman

On year we had like 3 peaches on the peach tree.  I was watching them and said "Tomorrow those will be perfect, I'll pick them then."  Tomorrow came and they were all on the ground with a deer bight out of them.  Bastards.

The garden I was so proud of got beat into the ground last night by big hail storm. I’ll send pics later. Sons house is next door and busted windows out and he’s outta town working. Up till midnight covering windows. We did much better than 1/4 north with baseball size. Those poor folks got windshields busted out. 

That sucks.  I remember hearing of my uncle in Alberta crying when a hail storm took out his whole crop of corn, several hundred acres.   Note that Lewis and Clark lost a man to a hail storm crossing what is today South Dakota. 

All’s good here. This hail is so minor compared to forest fires, tornados and floods. Everything else is so permanent but a dent is a dent. Not even bad as a load of sleet on barns. Neighbor brought in 2 calves yesterday that are miniature red belted Galloway. Bred to Hereford for the red. Look like rusty galloways to me. Just pets to keep ag exempt on 5acres. He keeps it with fruit trees,honeybees,and now another fad animal. 

DD55BF4A-997A-4C9A-93A9-5ABBC8AF4D0E.jpeg

• 3 months later...