Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Today's Transitory Inflation Minute

FC

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 12:19 PM, karlunity said:

It will go a lot highter,,,recall the 70s?

karl

Remember Nixon’s wage price freeze. I can recall the shortages it created in auto parts supplies and opened the doors for cheaper quality and lower prices from foreign manufactures. 

People forget that Nixon/Kissinger were the ones that opened the door for China.  Every other president (except Trump) just kept it open and encouraged it more.  Clinton really got it going.  When tax laws, environmental laws, etc., are all set up to hurt the US economy and not the Chinese economy, that's what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 4:42 AM, Dr.Hess said:

People forget that Nixon/Kissinger were the ones that opened the door for China.  Every other president (except Trump) just kept it open and encouraged it more.  Clinton really got it going.  When tax laws, environmental laws, etc., are all set up to hurt the US economy and not the Chinese economy, that's what happens.

Carter was the one that gave Red China most favorite nation trade status abrogating a mutual defense treaty with Taiwan. I remember Barry Goldwater lead several Senators and challenged Carter’s authority to do so without the Senate’s approval but lost in the courts. 

When Sam was alive, he went out of his way to make sure that Walmart carried American made products.  After he passed, they went Chinese.  Really hard.  So hard that if a manufacturer came to them with a product to sell, made here, they were told to go get it made in China cheaper and Walmart would buy it.

There's not that much USA stuff to buy. I have guys come in for care that, had they not become fat and unhealthy, they wouldn't be on disability, and would be working. As one guy said to us, "I'm not making pies!" He's pushing for a higher VA disability rating. At least the Chinese work for a living. I can't stand their wicked government though.

So I can't address unwillingness of people I know to work because they've porked out, gotten diabetes and heart disease, without it becoming personal? 

Union greed helped wreck jobs, and a poor work ethic was the second blow to our manufacturing base.

And Paul said, "He who will not work shall not eat." You have cancer, then you can't work. You lost two fingers, and are in your 30s, you can do some sort of work. You have hypertension and diabetes, and weight 250 lbs, and are 34 years old? You can work. You are 57 and trying to get a PTSD rating, and you have asthma (as I do), and you don't want to make pies? That's not an attitude of superiority on my part. I was raised with 7 siblings, and we had very little. I worked very hard to get well off. I keep working despite having arthritis, depression, severe persistent asthma, deaf in one year, and moderate to worse hearing in the other ear, and I work. I am retiring in 12 months because it's not fair to people to have to deal with someone who has profound hearing loss. I get by, but not well sometimes. Once I hit 62, next June, I can get some VA pension.