Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Today's Transitory Inflation Minute

FC

Now being single again no more 2-fer deals on junk food when I’m to lazy to cook. Burger King last year 2/$5 Whoppers, Fish or Chicken. Went up to 2/$6 now $4.99 each. 2/.99 Jack in the Box taco are now $1.50. Guess I was hungry, a double Whataburger, onion rings and shake just short of 14 bucks. Whataburger used to sell just a single patty I’d give my dog for about 85 cents. I declined after I was told $1.50. I used to get Arby’s coupons about twice a month in junk mail but haven’t seen any in several weeks. In and Out burger always paid above minimum but the workers had to hustle, work fast or they were out of a job. I don’t know what the minimum wage increase did to their prices. Haven’t been there in several months but I have noticed the long lines in the drive-tru are gone. I’m burned out on pizza but I’ve noticed Dominos increase is only a buck on the 2-fer pick up deal. Usually the pizza was ready after ordering on the phone or net and driving almost three miles. My last order was delayed about 40 minutes. The email said COVID restrictions but there were only three employees in the pick up location, usually there were several. Guess uncle Joe is paying to well to sit at home rather than work in a hot kitchen around the ovens. I noticed a large help wanted sign n the door. My neighbor’s sister works in a vitamin and magic elixir store. He claims the miracle vitamin, testosterone and mineral supplements are up 30% and his sister was working double shifts being short on employees. 

It is but the start..wait till the Mileage tax hits.  Joe and mayor pete are just getting warmed up.

Still dont know why it is any of out business if Russia builds a pipeline into the EU  if the Eu does not mind....oh I almost forgot about the Petro doller. Will the EU be pating in Dollars, Euros, or Rublos?

karl

You see the Petro, gotta buy bucks to buy your oil with  dollars which you buy from the USG is an unofficial sort of federal income..lose that and no more "social programs" unless you raise tax and that may cost ya your political seat. 

On 7/21/2021 at 3:17 AM, FC said:

60 bucks a board?! Thank the Lord I started buying stuff a long time ago when the dollar had some value!

I’m in the process of having a rental house re-roofed. So far I’ve been quoted $120-125 for any plywood panels that might need to be replaced. I know a portion of the price is labor but hard to believe. THX Joe

• 1 month later...