Military Firearm Restoration Corner

And the winner is...

MorgansBoss

Fist place goes to DOUBLE TROUBLE with a 50-5X / 0.586" max. spread, shot with a scoped Tweede (6.5x55). He also claims the iron sighted bragging rights with a score of 49-1X / 1.67"! Congratulations Beau! How you do this with young twin boys is perhaps the most amazing!!!! wink.gif

Second and third place in the scoped category as;

ELDORA - 50-3X / 0.607" - Rem. 700-.243Win.

FC - 50-2X / 0.558" - Marlin - 17HMR

Iron sight runners up are;

FC - 48-2X / 1.412"

z1r - 46 / 1.377"

Congratulations and thanks to all who participated. Now lets here some suggestions on the format for the next match. I feel it should be 100 yards, but I'm open to any suggestions. I want to get it finalized before Friday night though to give everyone maximum opportunity to get their targets shot and mailed in by the end of Dec.

BTW - I forgot to mention that DT shot his winning open sight score with a M-1 Garand!

Congrats Eldora & FC, nice shooting!

Morgansboss, Thanks for the honorable mention, lol. Alos thaks for bringing this to fruition!

I vote we keep rules the same only at 100 yds for rifle and since I believe FC wanted handgun lets say same rules but 25 yds. Iron sights only. If you shoot a scoped handgun lets call it a rifle?

Woo Hoo!

I knew my Twede would be competitive, but I was worried about the M1.

You other guys need to quit shooting groups and aim for the bull tongue.gif.

Looking forward to the next one - that was fun. Thanks MB and Z and participants.

I'll post a picture of the Twede when I get home. Pretty is as pretty does.

I was lucky with that Husky. It was my first outing to the range and those were the first five shots of Rem ammo. All my rifles are usually set to 100 yds so hopefully I'll do better next time.

user posted image

Here are the culprits. The Garand is an as-issued Danish from CMP. I got really lucky that it shoots so well. The load was 43.6 gr AA24995 with the Hornady 165 gr HP at 3.340 OAL. The Twede is on the Garand's right (left of a muzzle loader barrel that needs carding). It was one of the first rifles that I built with much encouragement, help and info from this group which I am VERY grateful for. I shortened the M96 surplus barrel (new from Samco) to 22" and turned it down probably too thin on the stretch mini-lathe behind. I did the F-class works detailed by Steve Wagner (I hope I meet him and have the honor of shaking his hand someday) except that I forged the stock bolt handle down (which I'm thinking about redoing). It's in a Richard's claro second stock that began as a rollover. It's a nice piece of wood, but thankfully has enough sapwood that it wasn't a sin that it fell into my hands. It's got a vintage Japanese Vistascope 3 x 9 - I buy these whenever I find them - usually under $30 - I think they're a good cheap scope. The load was 47.6 gr AA4350 with 140 gr Hornady Amax at 3.212 OAL (I know, kinda warm, but accurate, it does about 2760 fps).

Well, enough gloating, I think I hear the transition music begining to play wink.gif . Looking forward to the next one. Thanks everyone.