Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Merry Christmas

Horsefly

Right back at you...and Yours...

Out in my part of the Rhubarb Patch, we never quit saying stuff like Merry Christmas...In fact if anyone ...especially thoise elected to Serve, tells us Not to do or Say something...Guess what we Do!!!!!

Lib neighbors won’t say Merry Christmas and hate In God We Trust. They’re  transplants from Boston but have been here 20. They look down their noses at us deplorable, gun totting Bible thumping WalMart shopping Neanderthals Texicans. 

Beats the heck outta me except for the fact the lady has 3 Cleveland Bay horses and belongs to a hunt club. They follow hounds blowing bugle hollering “tally ho”. Her whole reason for life is those giant horses. She has 1 acre but leases 5 across road from me that she’s loosing next month when owner starts a house. We have 5 acres and man she’s working on us to lease it. I keep it all mowed and looking nice as I can so sure don’t want horses on it. Be interesting to see how she handles the boarding problem. We get along with them just fine, but knowing someone rates you second class because your a Redneck Southerner sucks. The dude is the one from Boston. She’s a military brat. He couldn’t pour piss outta a boot with instructions written on the heel. 

The "Guns of Christmas" were unusually quiet this year.  Every Christmas, starting on Christmas Eve when the visiting kids' presents get opened, we start hearing gunfire.  You know, take it outside and try it out.  This year was pretty quiet.  I heard just a few shots rather far away, versus the tens to hundred shots I have heard in years past.  I had to go out and let a few off just to keep up the tradition, despite not "getting" any boom sticks for Christmas.  Not sure why there wasn't much shooting.  Last year was down, but not missing.  So, either it's the ammo shortage/price, gun prices, everyone has everything and didn't get anything new for Christmas, don't know.

Bad holiday or me. The day after a large family Christmas gathering on Sunday. A family member tested positive for Covid in the ER. Christmas Eve and day some bumbling idiots in my hood were launching fireworks till almost 3:00 AM. There was some sporadic gunfire, idiots were rapid firing handguns. I presume they were shooting into the sky but no telling. I kept my dog in my bedroom, turned the TV volume way high but couldn’t over up the booms in the sky. He was barking almost non stop and tried to hide under my bed.

Sorry about your dog, Az.  That's got to be why he failed the PoPo training.  Really, when these days are expected, such as New Years Eve/Day this weekend, you should give him some doggie downers.  Benzos if you have them or can get them.  Some benadryl if you can't.  Your vet should have no problem giving him a script for some doggie benzos.  He will be a lot more comfortable.

I heard some Guns of Christmas the day after.  Probably kids going to Grandpa's to "try it out."  Still, the quantity of Booms is down.  The meth lab down the hill lit off a few.  3 at a time.  Sounded like a large center fire revolver.

3 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

I heard some Guns of Christmas the day after.  Probably kids going to Grandpa's to "try it out."  Still, the quantity of Booms is down.  The meth lab down the hill lit off a few.  3 at a time.  Sounded like a large center fire revolver.

Hard to trust anybody on Meth but not trying to be like Mothers For Gun Safety. A junkie on Meth with guns is frightening especially when they become paranoid and start hallucinating. Be awful careful around them. 

Yeah, we've had a run-in or two, but they mostly keep to themselves now.  The meth lab across the street is more active.  When they're cooking and the wind is just right, my driveway smells like ether. Their next door neighbor had some big run-ins with them.  They would let their friends come over to hunt deer, and despite being told where the property line was, they would just wander over to his property all the time.  It was getting ugly.  He eventually moved.  I know he wanted to get further out in the woods anyway and tried to sell his place just as 2008 blew up.  He made the sale this time.

Back in he mid 90’s one of my postal patrons made neon signs in his garage. Two occasions he was raided by cops believing he was making Meth because of the odor. The odor mostly a strong propane scent smelled strong a few blocks away.

I once got a strange visit by cops and fireman. I was going through the learning curve casting bullets. Something I read, I think may have been in one of Lee’s manuals. To roll up a marble sized pellet of bullet lube into the pot and stir to flux the melted lead. Apparently I missed or forgot the part about lighting up the smoke. Somebody called the fire dept, the fireman seeing the thick smoke rolling out of my shed. Suspected I was making Meth and called cops. After two cops jumped my block fence scaring the piss out of me as one had drawn his gun. Long one short, I got a lecture from a fire capt about the smoke and one cop stayed long enough wanting to learn about bullet casting. I gave the cop my Lee manual and about six weeks later found he returned it placing it in my mailbox. 

On two occasions while delivering mail I pulled up after houses were busted for making Meth. One house was vacant for more than a year. The bank or whomever held the loan had to pay for a haz-mat clean up. According to a neighbor the bank didn’t want to pay for the clean up. The bank wanted the haz-mat fee paid out of a large stash of confiscated cash found there. I never heard how it ended. The other house was very well kept nothing one would suspect was a Meth lab. I was thrilled seeing the prick handcuffed. He was always very rude when we crossed paths. Must have been a big operation as DEA agents were there. I felt sorry for the prick’s adult retarded brother. He was crying like a child likely not understanding what was going on. 

My son has a nice house in a rural area. Most his neighbors are cops or retired cops and he feels very safe. My other son lived in a Townhouse next door to a cop. Something turned up missing from a carport. The cop put on his uniform told some tweakers that just moved in. You can do all the dope you want but if you step outside you better be headed to your car or the garbage then he pointed to a camera. The dopers did exactly as told but weren’t there for very long being deadbeat renters. 

Started raining here in DFW Mexiplex about 9pm, so almost no fireworks. My dog Sammie had a good night. I know we’re in for hell-uva night tonight. Goofballs around here ain’t spending couple 100 bucks on fireworks for New Year then wait till the 4th to shoot them. Maybe I’ll make best of situation and test fire a Yugo I been working on. I’m 100yrds. From Fort Worth city limit and anytime I fire off a rifle there’s big chance the Towny Yuppies will call police. Not against law for me to shoot here, but a nuisance. Cops told me once they have to check on it if called in. Like burning brush pile, I can call in and tell them I’m gonna shoot couple times, but that doesn’t always work. Last year lady game warden showed up. 

TS still hitting the fan!! 
Two parties within a block, one about 30-40 yards away. Plenty of sky rockets, firecrackers and Piccolo Pete’s started tonight as soon as it got dark. Doc your recommendation worked very well last night, thanks. Two Benadryl and half an Ambien finally worked. My dog was running into corners, tongue hanging out and rapidly breathing. Took about an hour after being doped up. He jumped up on my bed next to me and kept sticking his snout into my hand demanding to be pet. He calmed down started to doze off but was awakened every time there was a boom in the sky but he stopped trying to run and hide. Somewhere between 2-3:00 AM I finally fell asleep. Sometime in the middle of sleeping I got up to take a leak and he was still in the bed. 

Started all over again tonight with two parties nearby. Rather than one pill at a time I shoved all three down his throat. Dog continued to go nuts so I put him in the car to get away from the noise. Went and bought a sub from a gas station deli, a pint of egg nog Doritos and a Slim Jim for the dog. I went to a quiet city park about three miles from home to eat my dinner. The parking lot was empty and I backed into a parking place. I know it’s almost paranoid but I don’t like having my back to a crowd. About a hundred yards away there were a bunch of teens playing basketball. 

Just about the time I finished eating two prick cops showed up asking questions. They started asking questions about what I was doing in my car in an empty parking lot, why I backed in and what’s up. They didn’t buy my story about the dog and fireworks. My mistake was telling them I doped him up. After telling the jerk I gave him allergy pills and Ambien. Cop raised his voice “where did you get the drugs did you get them here” Seemed to anger him when I told him CVS. He started asking questions about the pills, how often do I take them, demanding Dr’s name that prescribed them and did I tell the Dr I give them to my dog. After the cop asked me how many hours ago did I take the Ambien. He just exhaled long and hard when I told him 3 or 4 weeks ago. The other cop asked me to step out of the vehicle. I shook my handicapped placard on my mirror telling him I have a bad leg and I’m awaiting a knee replacement and I’m staying seated. He started to open the door, it was locked and it was like an alarm to my dog. Dog started viciously barking and growling so I rolled up the window about half way. The prick then asked for driver license, registration and proof of insurance. I was not in the mood and getting pissed off plenty. I gave him a loud “NOPE IM NOT DRIVING THIS IS NOT A TRAFFIC STOP”. He started with you’re required by law to show ID when requested by an officer. We had some more back and forth about my ID and the law when he remarked to the other cop about another YouTube lawyer here. I said loudly “nope ALEA where did you get yours”. ALEA is the acronym of police academy my X went to and I read some of her training manuals so I wasn’t a total liar. I told him I’m ending this consensual conversation and not answering anymore questions. As I started to roll up the window the cop asked are you or have you ever been an officer. I reversed the window back to about 50% telling him “did you learn about the right to remain silent at PLEA” (Phx law enforcement academy. The two cops had a short conversation I couldn’t hear with the window up. One cop walked to the back of my car, jotted down plate number and I believe one said drive safe and they left. 

My intention was to only eat half the sub giving the drugs time to calm down my dog and eat the rest when I got home. I decided to eat the rest and stay longer as the cops moved to the other end of the parking lot. I had a feeling they would wait for me to leave then pull me over for a chicken reason forcing me to ID. I turned on the radio, listened to Hannity then a talk show with Monica Crowley before leaving. When I got home my dog was sound asleep in the back seat and the party near my house was breaking up. Only been two sky booms since I got home and started typing.

Be a cold day in hell before I ever go back to that city park at night. From my time with my X and being around her cop friends. I know dam well if either of those prick cops see me on the road they will find a reason to pull me over and give me a hard time. If the cops wrote an incident report my info is in their system after identifying me with the plate number. It will also show I have a concealed carry permit. Chances are good the cops will likely try to put me through a sobriety test just to give me a hard time. 

Damn, Az.  I'm glad the meds worked for the dog, but, sounds like a typical interaction with law enforcement for us peons.  Yeah, big mistake mentioning the benzo to the PoPo. Benadryl would have been OK, not much they can do about that one.