Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Merry Christmas

Horsefly

10 hours ago, FC said:

The way TX is growing, you're going to be in Ft. Worth proper before you know it.

I’m glad the Fornies are moving to Texas and Nevada at a higher rate than they’re coming into Arizona. The Fornies have turned Tucson to a liberal Mecca. I’m fine with the libs moving there and keeping out of central Az and the Phoenix area. 

The Fornies abandon their state and mostly move to Austin area that’s way blue. 2 families here within hollering distance and niece married into a family from Kali recently and all are great fantastic folks. They seem so happy. Neighbors from Kansas, and Boston won’t even wave. I’m as guilty as all other Texican Southern Red Necks in judging folks. When traffic light turns green and your not burning rubber the cat blows horn and hangs a finger out window, my automatic response is “ pork you yankee cork sucker”. I’m too simple minded to be mule-lipped while driving. 

On 1/2/2022 at 3:12 PM, FC said:

Ambien isn't prescribed near as much as it used to be. Boy, I sure had some older patients get totally confused when they took it! You're a magnet for interesting stories!

At best I get a dozen about every 90 days. Unless the pain is off the chart I usually get by with half a pill. I caught my X abusing Triazolam which I think is the same as or similar to Ambien.. She was getting it prescribed one per day by a Shrink. She also smuggled in a bunch from Mexico when we were going there for Dentists. The pharmacist put the pills in empty water pill bottles, seal it up and it passed right through Customs. 

After picking her up passed out on the floor two nights in a row and dealing with our Rottweiler believing he was protecting her. The final straw was getting up in the morning finding her passed out sitting on the toilet. I flushed all her Mexican pill bottles. She also bought something through the net from a Canadian pharmacy. No telling what she may have sneaked through stashed in her purse. Customs stopped her from bringing a legit Soma Rx across. Told her to dispose of it into a small trash can on the Mexican side before she could cross. I had to stop the customs agent from crumpling up the written Rx from a US Dr. Before we were finished with the are you a US citizen, where were you born etc questions. A Mexican kid about 10 years old carrying a small display case leashed around his neck selling Chicklets gum, Blackcat firecrackers and the Novelty Horse Sh!t cigarettes grabbed it out of the trash can and headed toward pharmacy row. 

At the time my X and I watched TV in separate rooms. She liked Jerry Springer, Oprah, Judge Judy and Cheaters type programs. I liked shows like the Sopranos, Star Trek Enterprise, Combat reruns and war movies. She was a beer drinker and occasionally did and say stupid things. I thought it was the beer and being drunk but I discovered she was mixing it with pills. She used to have horrible nightmares related to her mother being murdered. I often had a hard time waking her up. She would wake me up screaming kicking and waving her arms fiercely. A couple times she bit me hard enough to draw blood but didn’t remember it after she was finally awake. I assume she was hard to wake up from the pills.  

Sorry again for the keyboard rambling from boredom. I’m having another PET scan tomorrow after a previous scan was somehow botched up. Got an early morning call telling me to relax all day, avoid physical activity, eat only high protein, absolutely no carbs, nothing but water after midnight and not even black coffee tomorrow morning. The tech claimed caffeine old alter results. Fearing more bad news keeping me awake I’ll probably take an Ambien tonight.