Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I'm Baaack:

gitano

Well, well, well... I like the new format., AND I get to come in as gitano instead of EvilPaul. A little water has passed under the bridge since last I perused MFRC's pages. Look forward to chating with folk here again. While I didn't make an exhaustive search, I didn't notice Tony's Farting Chicken around anywhere. Is he still 'driving the boat'? Anyway, see ya around.

Paul

Yup, I'm still here. I was wondering what you've been up to. I don't know if you know how EZBoard decimated a whole slough of boards- this one included. The promise of back-ups was empty. So... had to start from scratch. Got a useless hosting service, now this excellent hosting service.

Catch us up on the great white north.

Hi Paul,

Look, I know that you and I clashed at least once before at FC's site, but I do hope that we can start over and get along from where we are now, if you're agreeable to it. If not, well, I can respect that too.

Either way, I am glad to see you back and I look forward to reading your posts!

• 5 years later...

I'm embarrassed at having not responded to such nice comments, but I don't get any notices. Actually, I DO get notices of NEW posts that I don't subscribe to, and NO notice of those I have posted in. I'm trying to get the "notification" worked out.

In the mean time... Thanks for the kind welcomes.

Emul8 - Honest to goodness, I didn't remember the conflict. No hard feelings retained on my end I can assure you.

Thanks again to everyone.

Paul

Paul, the email address is correct where replies should go to? I thought this issue was fixed in the last half year or so. This is about notifications you should have gotten say, since late summer? There were some issues before then.

BTW, if you will list your microdot, I think it was, ID that you are developing, I'll send it to a colleague who would be interested in reading about it. I'm a nurse informaticist now, and we are pursuing patient barcoding for our facility. Not that we're that advanced, but I can see your idea in the near future.

The original is very old Karl - back to Feb '06. However, I'm getting notifications "weirdly". I get notifications of new THREADS that not only have I not posted in, but NO ONE has yet posted in. At the same time, I don't get notices of replies to threads I have posted in. The only way (almost) that I can find out if anyone responded to a post of mine is to use the "search" engine and look for my posts. I then go through them and see if there are any responses. That's how this thread came back to the top. I didn't realize that this was my "I'm Baaack" from 2-06 until you mentioned it.

By the same token, I have received notification from a couple of threads I RECENTLY posted in AND I did get notification about FC's response to my most recent comment in this thread so maybe everything is OK now. I'll give it a few more days and see if the wrinkle is worked out.

Thanks,

Paul

Oh yeah - the "microdot" confused me for a moment... :)

www.biopar.com

Everyone is welcome. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to 'drop me a line'.

Thanks again,

Paul