Military Firearm Restoration Corner

ammo serializing in California

FC

There is of course the bright side.

That law will cut down on crime..The local ganbangers, will I am sure comply.

It it would be unlawful for criminals to not obey the law.

Liberal Karl

My dad retired from the PRC after teaching for 30+ years in Compton. Those in the PRC know of Compton. For the rest, people in Watts won't go into Compton, because Compton is too rough. Anyway, the PRC taxes his retirement, even if he were to move outside the state. This is illegal and the PRC knows it, but who is going to fight it? A bunch of retired teachers from the PRC living out of state? The PRC can do anything they want.

I moved out in '79.

Dr.Hess

Well, Dr. Hess, my understanding is that it is a violation of Federal Law and Case Law to tax retirement when one moves out of state. He may have to call someone.

ShooterTom, I have no idea yet where to go. I am somewhat concerned after reading some of the postings by Fritz and others about moving to a state with no Personal Income tax. I realize they have to make up the revenue somehow, and taxing everything that is possible seems to be the way.

Since I was born and raised here, I have no idea how I would deal with the snow and ice of some of the northern and eastern states, even if I am built like a teddy bear.

Idaho sounds good, until one realizes that Sand Point, ID has the highest per capita of retired cops in the nation. Not to sure I want to hang around with a bunch of ex cops.

So, if anyone has any good suggestions, I am always open. It is one thing to go visit for a while, like I used to do when I visited my grandparents in Southern MO. But quite another to stay and deal with the local flora, fauna, and local weather conditions that I am not used to. I am not to sure I could deal with the ticks, chiggers, and humidity of MO at my age.

Not that I want to move to MO, just a case in point. biggrin.gif

Yeah, like I said: They (the PRC) know it is illegal. Everyone knows it is illegal, but what are you going to do? Sue the state of California? The retired teachers would all die before they won the case. I am just surprised that some class action lawyer hasn't taken it up.

Dr.Hess

There are ticks in Missouri? That's because they ain't got the fire ant yet. When they get a lot of fire ants, the ants will eat the ticks, then start on you.

We used to have ticks in Texas, until the fire ants moved in. There went the neighborhood! If I had my choice between the two, I would choose ticks.

Well, we still do have ticks here in Texas, now that I think about it.

They are called Texas legislators now.

The word politics comes from two other words--poly, meaning many, and tics, meaning blood sucking creatures.

fritz

"The voice of protest, of warning, of appeal is never more needed than when the clamor of fife and drum, echoed by the press and too often by the pulpit, is bidding all men fall in and keep step and obey in silence the tyrannous word of command. Then, more than ever, it is the duty of the good citizen not to be silent." --Charles Eliot Norton

There is a higher law than Calif. state law- it is the Constitution, which is being violated.

We here in CA have a very liberal, anti-gun Attorney General who with the CA-DOJ enforces all the restrictive laws that are piled upon the books by this vast, roiling sea of stupid sheeple.

Anyone with sense spends a lot of time fighting these laws, including the proposed AB 352 and SB 357, but the support they garner by politicians pretending to act in the public's best interest seems to swallow us up in a tide of idiocy and we can barely catch our collective breath before the next wave crashes.

Yes, the Constitution is being violated, under the guise of state law superceding federal law. No one REALLY wants to step up and challenge anything around this, no one feels like committing that kind of political suicide after all the years of clawing their way up to the top of the dungheap.

I am not silent with regard to these people or these laws, but there are many, many times when I feel like this:

mad.gif

And it is in those moments when I understand completely why so many folks that used to live here have long since voted with their feet and have gone on to other places. I too will leave CA in less than a year, and without having really changed anything, but it wasn't from lack of trying....

When they pass this law (notice I didn't say if) are they going to put a serial number on each piece of shot in a shotgun shell? I thought skeet shooting was a big deal in Mexifornia. Sign of the future "Ex-Skeet range for sale cheap". Also what about the folk's who collect ammo? Looks to me like the market is about to be flooded with guns and related items coming from Mexifornia. I wonder how many of these law makers own homes else were besides Mexifornia so they can have their cake and eat it to!

Swamprat

Fc, One of my Brothers when I told him i was moving to Texas. Said I would be back. He said "After all there are two kinds of people in the world. Californians and those that want to be" blink.gif I hate to ruin his theory but I won't be back. laugh.gif

I left the PRC 2 days after graduating High School. They can keep it. I like AR just fine. A bit weird, but, hey, they send the worst of them to DC and NY.

Yeah, we have ticks. No fire ants, though. And the AR gubberment don't charge you all they think you can pay for each and every interaction like TX does.

Dr.Hess

Dr. Hess,

Sorry, I mistook AR for AZ.

AR is the home of Bill, right? And not the fundillo over at the surplus rifle sites. But the Bill that all the liberals love and admire.

Are you sure that AZ would not be a better place to live?

And are you sure there ain't no fire ants in AR?

I heard they are there, and there for keeps. If, perchance you don't have any now, they will be arriving any day now. Courtesy of your neighbors to the south and east. Hey! What's a neighbor for?

fritz

FC, thanks for the complement on my 'way with words'...ya gotta love a dictionary! LOL!

As has been amply pointed out by a couple of native Californians, I am not a Californian, I am an Oklahoman who has lived in California most of my life. But if being a Californian means developing such a pompous attitude and while at the same time feigning contentment with a boot across my neck, then, OK, I'm PROUD not to be a Californian!

I figure that when I leave CA I will have sold my home to some fool who's going to pay me a boatload of money for it, and then move somewhere where I can use that cash to purchase a house outright and if it works out properly, I will pleasantly gloat over the idea that I will never be able to afford to live in California again!

At some point soon, if ShooterTom ever forgives me for hassling him nonstop, I hope to be able to pick his brain about the logistics of relocation from CA.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to leaving...as the time gets nearer, I find my tolerance of the people here lessens daily!

swamprat --

Nope, the I. Q.s won't go down around here when I leave, remember, we still have Karlunity, Sailormilan and I am sure that I have forgotten others (please forgive me!)...so the continued intelligence of California is assured, such as it is! No disrespect to members here who are in CA!

I like that saying of Will Rogers...another fine Oklahoman! However, the saying that I will adopt as applicable to my move is this one: "Heaven doesn't want me and Hell's afraid I'll take over."! I'll leave it to you good people to decide which locale is heaven or hell! LOL!