Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Damned Copperheads

fritz

Jim in the words of the Proctoligist who removed the said rifle from my back passage ........Consider your self lucky that it only had a sporter weight barrel & not a Bull Barrel !!!!!! Plus it's taken care of your Hemaroids !!!! I just thank god I was due to go back out bush for a month that night! It gave her some time to cool down a little ! Jeez I thought it was funny !!!!

Dave

" Now we have two back doors & the one I chose to shoot out of is right by the Toilet window & the Missus happened to be in the toilet when I let fly !!!! Now I have never experianced the concusstion of a .223 in a confined area but she tells me it's impressive to say the least !"

Solution---shoot out the other door, or get the missus to use another toilet. I always shoot out the door by our second bathroom.

If you have only one toilet, holler something like the golfers do, "FORE". But if she ain't a golfer, she may not understand that a shot is about to hit the fan (so to speak).

fritz

Naw it's no good Fritz! The damage is done !!! I should of known that it would happen sooner than later ! After years of being a Batchaler I let the Missus move out here from the city ! (My Mate Emil the Poof warned me ) The first thing that got banned was the Bench rest I had set up in the dinning room so I could shoot out the window in wet weather ! (the beauty of living on a Farm ,as Fritz can understand ) Then there was the Fox shot out of the bed room window (I had the rifle ready for it as it went past our house daily ) She got upset that I just put the rifle down & said I did'nt want to be disturbed for the rest of the morning (Hey I'd been out at work all night)

The Crow incident was the final straw ! Now if I want to test a load ,sight a rifle in ! It's out the back door (In all weathers mind you !!!!!) I tell you there is no justice left in the world !!! (sob,sob!)

Dave

Dave and Jim, you guys crack me up. I was laughing so hard I was and still am crying. I can just see your wives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Basil

Basil we're looking for some sympathy here (LOL) I told me mates about it & I was told if I was looking for sympathy! To look it up in the dicionary it's there between S##T & syphillis !!!!!! One Bludger laughed so hard we thought he was going to have a stroke!! (That was until he shot a roo right outside his bedroom window on the way home from work one morning at about 4am !!!!!! His Cook is less understanding of these things than mine )

Dave, the way women are these days you probably got off easy. Speaking of upseting the wife though reminds me of a time years ago that I was working the third shift. (AKA "graveyard shift") I would sleep in a spare bedroom upstairs in the house for some quiet. One day the wife and kids (still home at that time)

were downstairs and playing the TV real loud and banging things around. I yelled down a couple of times for them to quiet down but they didn't even hear me. Finally after trying for a long time to get some sleep I had had enough. I got up and started jumping up and down on the floor and then I got a brainstorm (or short circuit maybe) and I got my old bowling ball out of the closet and rolled it down the stairs. Yeah, I got her attention allright. She was mad at me for a week.