Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My Brother Has Pass Away.

spec4 e4

I got the new that my brother was at the hospital sat. night and was told that he was not going to make it. He was not feeling well for about 1-1/2 weeks and he was driving in In. and he stop at the hospital in Indianaplolis. He was taken into the room and he was taking his cloths off when he pass out. They was able to bring him back, but it was to late, the damage was done. They put him intensive care till my mother got there and they ran some more test and he was brain dead. So my mother sign the order to pull the plug. I got the news an few minutes later that he was gone. At 35 years old, it scare me to hell. I just 3 years yonger then him.

But the company that he was driving for step up and help out my mother and father. J. B. Hunt is paying for everything till he gets home back to Arkansas. They send out another driver to pick up his truck and take it back to the termal and box up his stuff. Then we pick up the rest to bury him on Friday. but my company is acting as an ######. My dispatcher thought I was joking about this. I maybe moving my plans of moving to an new company lot sooner. They are going to let me off to bury my brother, then again, they don't have an choice in it.

spec.4

Spec, I don't think anyone can say anything that would take away from your terrible loss, but know that each and everyone of us here can feel the pain that one of our brothers feel to some extent.

I'm only the first, but rest assured, you will hear much sympathy and sharing of the pain from all your friends here and that all of us will be praying for the soul of your brother and for your family.

We are all with you, brother, even on the net. Be strong, we're with you.

Brad

Spec 4 really sorry to hear the bad news. I lost my younger brother whose birthday is incidently today. I know exactly how you felt, the disbelief when you got the phone call and the time it takes for it to really sink in. Why God calls some home while they are in their prime will always be another mystery on why life isn’t fair. While I know you have to deal with it in any way you can I really have, to have pity for your mother. The most stressful thing that can ever happen to anybody is to lose a child. Now is a good time to spend as much time as possible with her and don’t let your employer get in the way is the best advice I can give. I know there is not much internet buddies can do to help but if there is anything I or anybody in this group can do to help, please ask, there is a whole room full willing to help.

Man I'm so sorry for your loss.I've never lost a brother,so I can't say I know how you feel,but I think I can imagine.I feel for your poor mother having to make that decision.I wish her well too.Sorry again,Jerry.

Thanks you all. It really did not hit me till my mother asked me if I wanted his bow. Also my father is taking it pretty hard. He is not sleeping to well. But J.B. step up to the plate and help out alot with getting him back home to Arkansas. I came up with something for his head stone. He is now making delievers in heaven. My mother thinks that is an wonderful thing and she is going to ask my father what he think about it on the headstone. Once trucking get into your blood, it is hard to get it out. Plus it is an good way to tell childred.

I have an friend that give me her load so I can get unld early and leave faster out of the termal.

Thanks again you all

spec. Robert Wainright

What happened to him? Heart attack? Boy, a lot of deaths lately.

I was told my mentally retarded uncle, who I knew well from days on my grandpa's farm died at age 63 after a fever in the nursing home. He never hurt a fly. A guy I've known since 1971 had his wife die a month ago or so to breast cancer at age 48.

It is a hard thing to get over a death. I am sorry.

Guest Uncle Shadow

Sir: I am sorry to hear of your loss, my oldest brother retired from Overnight Trucking and died a few years ago....his wife found a company that made a flat bronze plaque for his headstone that has a Overnight truck cast in relief, he was very proud of his work.......had been a pro driver since the 50s. A hard life.

We hear a lot of jokes about JB Hunt....but it seems somebody in that company has a heart.

FC, he died of an heart attack. Yes it is great that someone at J.B. has an heart. My dispatcher asked me for the info, I guess to comfirm it. That is sad when your dispatcher does not believe you. I give it to him, he is going to be an jackass when he calls and found out it is true.

Once again,

Thanks

spec.4

Let me add my sympathies for you and the family. I have only a sister, and I know how hard it would be to lose her.

Damned, losing someone at 35 years old is a lot tougher than losing them when they are old. I wish I could come up with a better reply to your post, but please realize that there are many of us here that share your loss.

fritz

Spec:

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know how much it hurts in your heart right now, but rejoice in the fact that your brother is still with you as long as you remember him. I lost my best friend and brother in 96 and not a day goes by that he isn't with me in my memories. My condolences to you and your family in these trying times.

Rebel49

spec4 e4 --

Please allow me to offer my sincerest, though belated condolences to you and your family in this dark hour.

As has been far more eloquently articulated here by other members of this fine community, we can only offer you our prayers, our good wishes and our heartfelt caring and support, but rest assured that you have that should you wish to talk about things, or just have a sympathetic "ear" to hear you. We are all indeed here for you.

There are perhaps no words that can adequately comfort you and yours at this time, and I won't insult you by trotting out the stuff that people often desperately say when the silence is too hard to bear, but as you said, your brother is making deliveries in heaven, and that may give you a sense of peace.

Take care and while I don't want to switch gears too much, it sounds like the way that your company is acting around this should be all the impetus you will ever need to get out of there. The way that they are treating you is disgusting, and you deserve better.

Thanks to all that had said an prayers for me and my family. I said my goodbyes and left back for home on Sat. Just got in today around 2:00 today. Nothing really happen, but I did got his bow, fishing poles, and tackel box. Still can not believe that he is really gone. I also found out that he was an organs donor and will help out about 80 other people, but mostly babies. I am not to happy the way he went but it is nothing I can do. I try to tell him to lose weight and see an doctor if he is not feeling well for an long time. This time it killed him. He was getting ready to go over sea and get marry to an girl that he meet over the net about two years ago. Now his seat is empty. He never take risk and get him nowhere, and I take risk and have everything that I wanted. Just seem to me to be unfair sometime.

Thanks again.

spec.4

I would like to give you my deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss.

Death is a shock and having someone close to you go, makes one reflect on their own mortality. Everyday is a gift from the Lord. How you spend it and enjoy it is your choice.

Here is his obit.

Site Manager: Login

Obituaries

Linnie Douglas Wainright

(January 6, 1971 - March 19, 2006)

Guest Book | Sign Guest Book | Send Private Condolences

Doug Wainright, age 35, of Gladstone, Missouri, died Sunday, March 19, 2006, at Community Hospital East in Indianapolis, Indiana. He was born January 6, 1971, in Ft. Sill, Oklahoma, the son of Gus Tommy Wainright and Bonnie Sue (Davidson) Wainright. Doug was a truck driver for J. B. Hunt.

Doug Wainright is survived his father and step-mother, Tommy and Emma L. Wainright, of Pyatt, Arkansas; his mother, Bonnie Sue Wainright, of Gladstone, Missouri; by his fiance, Jean Marie Declison, of Cubo, Philippines; his sister, Cinnamon Joy Queen, of Gladstone; his brother and sister-in-law, Robert Miles and Vickey Wainright, of Hanover, Maryland; his step-brothers, Steven Lynn Thornton and Anthony C. Thornton, both of Claremore, Oklahoma; and a host of other family and friends who will miss him dearly.

Graveside service is 2:00 PM, Friday, March 24, 2006, at Crawford Cemetery with Rev. Eldon Hellums officiating.

Visitation is 6:00 to 8:00 PM Thursday, March 23, 2006, at Christeson Funeral Home.

Friends are pallbearers.

Interment is in Crawford Cemetery.

spec.4

Robert,

I am really sorry to hear of your brothers passing.

My brothers and sisters and I are not that close anymore but I know if one of them passed away I would feel as if part of me was gone.

I will pray for you and your family as well.

Mike