Military Firearm Restoration Corner

"what Is It" Or Should I Say What Are They

tinkerfive

Now what ever gave you the idea I had a sense of humour? Was it something I said? hope not.....it's all the load I can bear just being a firearms identification genius.......oh, did I mention my humility?

Aha, just as I suspected, you're a fraud, "Uncle"! You're not a Texan! No real Texan would spell humor "humour". Humer, maybe, but not "humour!"

Who ARE you? Where are you? What have you done with the real Uncle!!!

I think you are a Bosnian.

Now I'm really angry!

Brad

Aha, just as I suspected, you're a fraud, "Uncle"! You're not a Texan! No real Texan would spell humor "humour". Humer, maybe, but not "humour!"

Who ARE you? Where are you? What have you done with the real Uncle!!!

I think you are a Bosnian.

He's Canadian, as I've long suspected ... I believe he only spurned my offers of tocques and earflap hats because he already had a substantial supply hoarded away. I'll just bet he's eating flapjacks with maple syrup on them and chuckling fiendishly as he reads this thread.

Only a Canadian would spell "Taco" with a "Q".........

I'll bet that's your subtle way of admitting that if you were ever caught out you'd "eat your hat". Have you taken up salsa eating during your long period of "Snowbirding"? Are you low on Maple Syrup? I can send a little "care package" if things are desperate.

Well, you are indeed caught, you silly old cantankerous Canuck .... !

Who else would know anything about Canadian made rifles, Firearms Identification Genius or not? For that matter, who else would even ADMIT to knowing anything about Canadian rifles ... ?

Guest Uncle Alex Trebeck

Ah my little Maple loafer, I am not from the "Land that England and time forgot".....but as to the firearms....I am somewhat the expert! for instance.....Are you aware that the John Inglis company that is best known for it's copies of the Browning "Hi-Power" 9MM pistol during the war years........is related to the Ingles of "Little House on the Prairie" fame? and also to the Mary Draper (later Mary Draper Ingles)of Drapers Meadows in Va. who was kidnapped by indians in the French and Indian war, taken to Ohio and along with a german woman escaped and walked back to Va. and her home thru the wilderness? ("The long Journey Home").....also...the Louisiana folks called "Cajuns" were originally from Canada? During the aftermath of Englands taking over ownership of Canada, they loaded the french speaking residents of Arcadia on ships and were to re-locate them to Louisiana.....but not being able to find New Orleans....they dumped the Arcadians in to the bayous of Louisiana.....and so begun the "Cajuns

Ah my little Maple loafer, I am not from the "Land that England and time forgot".....but as to the firearms....I am somewhat the expert! for instance.....Are you aware that the John Inglis company that is best known for it's copies of the Browning "Hi-Power" 9MM pistol during the war years........is related to the Ingles of "Little House on the Prairie" fame? and also to the Mary Draper (later Mary Draper Ingles)of Drapers Meadows in Va. who was kidnapped by indians in the French and Indian war, taken to Ohio and along with a german woman escaped and walked back to Va. and her home thru the wilderness? ("The long Journey Home").....also...the Louisiana folks called "Cajuns" were originally from Canada? During the aftermath of Englands taking over ownership of Canada, they loaded the french speaking residents of Arcadia on ships and were to re-locate them to Louisiana.....but not being able to find New Orleans....they dumped the Arcadians in to the bayous of Louisiana.....and so begun the "Cajuns

I was aware of all of the above except the Draper/Ingles/Inglis connection ... the rest is of course part of the ordinary educational background of every good Canadian.

And Inglis made High Powers are cool ...

I knew the gun was a Cooey and sent a message(I thought),but have the dangest habit of hitting the back button instead of ADD REPLY.The real kicker was the circle in the checkering.I restored a .410 single shot Cooey for a friend,and had a hell of a time keeping the circle from chipping out.My research on the gun said it was made in Canada,by a Winchester owned company,and that very few ever made it across the border into the U.S.My friends gun made it to North Texas.I gotta say,that little gun was hauled around in the tool box of a John Deere tractor for years and was solid rust and no finish left on the stock,but wasn't pitted at all,and had the prettiest piece of walnut I've ever seen in a production gun.I cut the barrel down about 2'' to remove a bulge,put a new gold bead on,blued and finished stock,and now his daughter hunts with it.That would be a way good gun to collect.Jerry