Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Feliz Cinco De Mayo!

roscoedoh

I did my part by boycotting Mexican beer & tequilla. Instead I had some ice German beers in rememberence of my immigrant parents who did it the right way, the legal way.

I did my part by boycotting Mexican beer & tequilla. Instead I had some ice German beers in rememberence of my immigrant parents who did it the right way, the legal way.

I always boycott mex. beer I prefer to support our neighbors to the north.

-Don

"I always boycott mex. beer I prefer to support our neighbors to the north.

-Don"

Actually, boycotting Mex beer is easy to do here at my club. They charge 50 cents more for it. Well, they charge 50 cents more for the crap (supposedly from Ireland, but now from here). I think it is called Guinnes or something. I almost drank one once, got about halfway through the bottle when I asked the barmaid to dunk it.

Mex beer ain't bad, but not worth 50 cents more (American). If I am going to pay for premium beer, I will buy German beer. Hell, Shiner beer is available for about the same price.

Hey Z1r, I wasn't sure you were of German heritage, but now I know. I am sorry for all the trouble I may have given you in the past. In a way, we have some things in common.

fritz

I am at the point now where cold beer that I don't have to pay for almost always tastes good.

To some exception though; I won't drink Coors Light. And I never have thought much of Mexican beer - there's too many other less expensive brews that taste so much better.

On a very hot day, on the 5th hole and a long way from the bar, I will sometimes beg for a beer from my partners. A fellow can get desperate sometimes.

Now, I usually don't drink and drive (on the golf course), but sometimes it gets so damned hot here that that wet towel just don't do the trick. I have never turned down anything except that Irish crap (but then my partners don't drink that).

At least I don't hunt quail with Dick Cheny. But in a golf game, if his aim is as bad as his shotgun aim is, maybe I could clean his plow.

Somebody needs to.

fritz

Fritz,

Yup, definitely German. While I like some Mexican beers, (all beers are expensive where I live) I do indeed prefer German. One uniquely Mexican drink that I like is Tequilla! It did pain me greatly to have to forego it.

As for the rest, thanks. As I was recently saying to another MFRC member, I think if we were all in the same room together the great majority of us would get along just fine. The internet is a tricky place to discuss some topics due to its impersonal nature. I tend to post very short messages since I cannot type. That doesn't always translate well and I'm sure I've come accross at times as less than civil. For me the key is to avoid as much as possible the political discussions and just enjoy the more mundane topics.

Now, I wish we could get the media to stop calling these illegals "immigrants." What a great PR tactic.