Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Canadian Terrorists

roscoedoh

I wonder if the ragheads would stage a setup like the one in Canada just to let the world know they're still around and in other countries.It's strange to me that so many have been discovered preparing an attack,but are caught right before it's pulled off.They get all the news coverage,plus the panic it puts in everyone thinking the folks next door may be terrorist.As long as they're in the news and spreading panic,they're winning.The reason I wonder if it's a setup,is,why could they get as far as ordering 3 tons of fertlizer before someone caught on?Here in Texas,you buy ammonia nitrate fertlizer from mostly small town distributors who sell to the same farmers year after year.If Mohammed Acubar Abdul walked in and orderd 3lbs. of fertlizer in Muenster,everone is going to watch the raghead to see what he's up too,especially 3 tons.Jerry

Guest karl
Those boneheads had three tons of ammonia nitrate and I can't even buy one lousy bag

That sir, is because you are American, Change your name to Ali and you would probably be given a discount.

Karl.. of the left.

CG.

Your cops did a good job.

If this had this been a bit slower to resolve, the event may have been very bad.

Karl

That sir, is because you are American, Change your name to Ali and you would probably be given a discount.

Karl.. of the left.

CG.

Your cops did a good job.

If this had this been a bit slower to resolve, the event may have been very bad.

Karl

I haven't read much on this ... from what I have read it may have been a 'sting' operation where the police provided the fertilizer ... so you boys need not fret over a violation of your constitutional rights to buy nitrogen rich fertilizer (ha ha!).

I expect we'll find out more as this evolves, but one fellow who works with the Crown Prosecutor is concerned the charges might be in jeopardy due to the possibility of 'entrapment'.

Many of those involved were young men, born in Canada ... second generation immigrants.

I suspect Michael Moore and the media are the real story here. I have seen the results first hand ... young, impressionable minds tainted by the Fahrenheit 911 message. I'm guessing these are people who would otherwise have no hatred for America persuaded into rash and foolhardy actions in no small part due to media indoctrination.

I suspect Michael Moore and the media are the real story here

Gothmog.

That is a good point and bears reflection, Moore and his ilk may well have done and continue to do great harm in the name of their iconoclast ism. I think that Moore may be more interested in more money that more truth.

I shall not write like that any more, for fear you push me in the moor.

Karl

This is out of the Toronto Sun:

By JOE WARMINGTON

Was it a sting?

Were the alleged terrorists captured in the country's biggest ever terrorist bust infiltrated by agents and later entrapped? Does it matter?

"Constitutionally it sure does," said terrorism expert Dave Harris last night.

He understands the emotion of a public -- who can't fathom fellow Canucks using three tonnes of explosives against them. "From a human point (it doesn't matter)," said Harris, of Insignis Strategic Research in Ottawa.

People are fed up, shocked that Canadians could ever plan something so heinous against its own state. And they want tough justice.

It's not that simple in our country. This will be sorted out legally and with a microscope of the Charter of Freedoms-wise lawyers who will scan through every paragraph of every document after receiving them through disclosure.

"Defence lawyers are entitled to the entrapment defence under Section 8 of the Criminal Code," Harris said.

And they will use it. It's their best defence. It has worked before. There will be plenty of debate of the interpretation of that act in the years to come.

This was not talked about when 10 of the country's highest ranking police authorities stood before an equally large media throng -- highlighting the successful break up of an alleged gang of Muslim-Canadian youth alleged to be organizing an "al-Qaida inspired" monster plot to wreak havoc.

One of the lawyers called it a "show." Harris disagrees, saying the operation was the most important action these cops could have ever taken. He hopes there are more to come.

"We need to ram the message home that Canada is intimately involved and engaged in international terrorism and we better start taking action if we want to avoid chaos."

But Ottawa lawyer Michael Edelson tells Sun Media any suspects who walk free because of improper tactics will cause a loss of confidence in the spy system. Harris, a former CSIS employee, has more faith in Canadian intelligence.

"It looks like a competent, well managed effort," he said, adding it will take a lot more than a bunch of people crying foul about methods to get out of these serious charges.

As long as law enforcement "has reasonable suspicions" and acts in "good faith," they can employ approaches that can have suspects charged criminally.

But Edelson argues there have been cases where all the suspects have ended up being cleared.

It makes one wonder are convictions or acquittals on terrorism charges two years from now in a court of law as important as stopping a murderous terrorist plot now?

Wonder how the 9/11 families would answer that?

It's in the legal arena now. This is the reality of a politically correct, socially conscious, fair, just and democratic society.

While law enforcement was celebrating thwarting a massive, systematic attack on several southern Ontario targets, these kinds of questions, if not allegations, were being thrown around by lawyers all weekend -- many of whom were complaining about an overzealous Canadian intelligence world.

It just goes to show catching bad guys is never easy. Convicting the smart and organized among them is often 10 times harder.

The public may never know what kind of crushing horror we missed out on thanks to the joint policing effort. Perhaps --when it comes to thinking about the potential carnage, and just how the authorities were able to prevent it -- some things are better left unknown.

• You can call Joe Warmington at (416) 947-2392 or e-mail at joe.warmington@tor.sunpub.com

Ahhh, ammonium nitrate fertilizer (which it is).

In my days of grain farming, I used to buy it by the ton, those clear plastic bags filled with the tiny pearls. I believe it was 34-0-0. 34% nitrogen. Very good for sidedressing corn and grain sorghum.

One day I had just bought a ton of it (40 bags) at the store, and also had filled a 5 gallon can of gasoline for my lawnmower. This was in the bed of my pickup truck. When I got home, I noticed that the can of gasoline had turned over and the bed of the truck was swimming with gasoline. On top of the gasoline was a ton of ammonium nitrate, just waiting for an ignition source.

It ain't hard to figure out how to make a bomb (if that is your goal). And I guess because of OK city we farmers have a hard time finding 34-0-0. It's the federal permits required by the fertilizer dealer that killed the sale of it.

In my future administration, I will cut out this ridiculous red tape for farmers. Even I know the difference between a farmer and a raghead. While there may be others out there that are disallusioned with our government, making bombs is not the answer.

Do it via the ballot box--

Vote fritz for President.

fritz