Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Remington Comes Through ...

Gothmog

The barrel of my Olympic Arms AR15 had been damaged as a result of shooting a squib load and a follow up 9mm bullet down the tube. As the ammo was UMC (Remington) factory ammo, I notified the company ... nice people and I just got their letter informing me of their intent to send me a check to compensate me for the loss of my barrel.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I thought you fellas might like to know that this company has done right by me after an unfortunate mishap.

They even threw in an extra $20 to buy more ammo!! Hopefully it won't cost them another barrel!! ;)

Stuff happens. I'm just glad that the consequences weren't more dramatic.

Good for Remington standing up. I'm sure your Canuck diplomacy helped the matter too.

That barrel had quite a heavy profile and yet it was significantly bulged by the 9mm rounds making contact! I hate to think what 223 would have done ...

As to 'diplomacy', I just made a phone call and told them the facts, and followed it up with shipping the evidence I did have. Sending live ammo across the border wasn't an option, but the spent slugs, empty box and pics all went to Remington to back up my story. I didn't necessarily expect they would cover the whole tab, but am very pleased they did. The people I had contact with were courteous and helpful and did their best to make sure of customer satisfaction and for that they deserve kudos.